oberholtz door lock

Discussion in 'Motorhome Security' started by betterthenatent, Aug 28, 2010.

1. betterthenatent

betterthenatent Read Only Funster

Hi I Have posted this question on another section of this forum, but then I noticed this section. So here goes again. I have just bought our first motor home, an autoquest 200. It has an oberholtz door lock fitted to the habitation door and I cant Lock it from the inside. Is this normal.

2. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

3. betterthenatent

not to hand but if you google MLN073020 that is the part number for this lock from one company that sells them and they have a good photo. In fact if it should lock from the inside and mine is faulty. I will use this photo to help me strip it down and have a go at fixing it.

4. American Dream

Hi

From the pic I would have thought that the inner Knob would twist to lock...Does the inner button press in to allow this?

Doesn't make sense if it won't lock from the inside for your security....

Might well be faulty...Anyone else any ideas or got a unit with a similar lock fitted?

[​IMG]

5. American Dream

6. acting_strange

acting_strange

Ok this is the same lock as I have in my Lunar....to lock from the inside all I normally do is twist the "winged" bit to the left.

Ii is normally to the right when unlocked.

can you not do this? if not are you sure the door is fully closed...i do find with mine that you have to amke sure and pull the door hard to make sure its closed.

7. ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies Read Only Funster

That looks like the same lock on my Bessacarr - just twist it to the left to lock but I make sure I slam the door shut first

8. betterthenatent

I figured that turning the knob to the left should have locked the door, but it just wouldn't turn, and I didn't want to force it. So armed with the photo that American dream posted. I striped the lock down to see how it worked. I think it must have been taken to pieces sometime in the past, as one of the screws is different, also I have a key that is the same shape as the door lock but doesn't fit. So maybe the barrel has been replaced. Any way I got the lock working on the bench ant then refitted it and now, touch wood I can lock the door from the inside. Sorry for the delay in replying but I had to sort out my registration. Thanks all for your help.

:thumb:

9. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

We have one of those - it MUST go click+click. Single click and it will not turn.

10. American Dream

Glad you sorted it.:thumb: