Number plates (1 Viewer)

M

Mayurua

Deleted User
Hi everyone
i'm struggling to find somewhere that i can get number plates made up the front isn't a problem its the rear that is difficult because it needs to be a square one the maximum hight is 6 1/4 inches
any suggestions
Dave

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Dave,

Just found this on the DVLA Website about all the legal bits.

Link Removed

6 1/4 square...

Will that accomodate all the Characters.?

Try >>Link Removed but be aware they are not strictly legal.

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the law states number plates should be certain dimensions, end of story I guess. If the standard plate will not fit there, then you must move it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Try these people They made the plates for my RV which was an odd size, they also made the plates for the pick up.

They make to any size.

Bestplate.com

Cheers :thumb:

IanRS

Free Member
Nov 6, 2008
Funster No
Hi everyone
i'm struggling to find somewhere that i can get number plates made up the front isn't a problem its the rear that is difficult because it needs to be a square one the maximum hight is 6 1/4 inches
any suggestions
Dave

Hi Dave look on Link Removed he does all sorts of different sizes, I have a VOSA ref sheet (sorry cannot remember which website I got it off) that states "DISPLAY OF VEHICLE REGISTRATION MARKS ON IMPORTED VEHICLES (which have a restricted space for a standard sized number plate) Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:- The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Approval AND The vehicles construction/design cannot accomodate standard size number plates. Specifications for smaller sized plates (for certain imported vehicles) Character Height 64mm, Character Width 44mm, Character Stroke 10mm, Space between characters 10mm."
So that means motorbike numbers.
Hope this helps. If you want a copy of the sheet I got this off please e-mail me and I will send it to you. ian.schoolar@zen.co.uk Ian

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
These people can sort you out.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Dave look on Link Removed he does all sorts of different sizes, I have a VOSA ref sheet (sorry cannot remember which website I got it off) that states "DISPLAY OF VEHICLE REGISTRATION MARKS ON IMPORTED VEHICLES (which have a restricted space for a standard sized number plate) Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:- The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Approval AND The vehicles construction/design cannot accomodate standard size number plates. Specifications for smaller sized plates (for certain imported vehicles) Character Height 64mm, Character Width 44mm, Character Stroke 10mm, Space between characters 10mm."
So that means motorbike numbers.
Hope this helps. If you want a copy of the sheet I got this off please e-mail me and I will send it to you. ian.schoolar@zen.co.uk Ian

Special Concession for Owners of Imported Vehicles
A concession which will permit some vehicles to continue to display motorcycle size number plates was announced on July 31st 2001 by Minister for Transport John Spellar.This will apply to certain imported cars, mainly from America and the Far East. It follows concerns about the cost of modifying vehicles which are designed for foreign markets and unable to display UK size number plates.
Minister for Transport John Spellar. said
"The introduction of this concession demonstrates that the Government listens and responds to the concerns of motorists.
"We have taken into account the views of enthusiasts, vehicle importers and the police. We have been assured that law enforcement agencies will be able to recognise and record the smaller character size.
"We are clear that the cost of modifying some of these vehicles, in particular those which originate from the USA, to take standard size plates would be costly and unfair. We intend therefore to allow them to display motorcycle size number plates."
Harry Tune, Chairman of the American Auto Club UK, welcomed the announcement:
"This really is a milestone in the history of the American car enthusiast in Britain. We so appreciate that a Government department has listened to us and been sympathetic to our needs.
"Over 90% of American cars, whether classic or modern, are manufactured with a motorcycle size number plate indent so this concession will benefit thousands of enthusiasts.
"I am absolutely delighted at today's news."
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency will commence a short consultation exercise prior to amendment of the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001.
Information courtesy of dtlr.gov.uk
Geo

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi give MICK a ring on 07739913161 ---- I am sure he will be able to help :thumb: he does show plates,window tints and graphics up to 4 ft high or more in 2 / 3 bits :ROFLMAO:
based in Doncaster
terry

OP
OP
M

Mayurua

Deleted User
Thanks everyone just ordered them should be cushty now
Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun