Nozatech chinese sat nav

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by irnbru, Jul 5, 2016.

1. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Both Alan and I purchased chinese sat navs from the same seller but on close inspection the name and software is slightly different. Main point of difference for me is there "Appears" to be no option to alter the preference of something like Disable no u turns. So for example you are at the coast and go past your point the sat nav does not come up with turn around when possible, rerouting you as much as 12 miles.

Is there something in the data files I can change? Its starting to P me off.

2. Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad Funster Life Member

Swap his for yours when he's not looking :D.
    In all seriousness, it should be possible to clone his files so your runs exactly the same software.
    I hope one of the more techy experts will be able to walk you through it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. irnbru

Thanks, so do I.

4. irnbru

Surely someonecan anwer this?

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Given that the name and software are slightly different between the two units then, even assuming the underlying software version is the same, it would appear that the menu options have been set up differently. Unless there is a facility to change the menu options then it can probably only be done by the manufacturer, which is probably the Chinese factory knocking the units out rather than any of the resellers (who tend to know less than nothing, technically, about the products they sell).

All you can do in such a situation is that, when you miss your turn, look out a road wide enough for for a practical U turn or a 3 point turn and let the sat nav catch up once you have turned.

• Like Like x 1
  6. irnbru

I saw them on sake at car boot sale today for only 15...which is a real bargain but unfortunately it's the same one...nozatech. that I already have..Had it been the other one I would have snapped it up.

Would it be possible to copy complete software from the other model over?

7. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

Yes.

Copy the internal drivw from the one you like onto an SD card. Pop that in the other one and in the main menu (when you exit navigation) click on something like satnav path. Set the file path to the igo exe on the SD card and try it out. If you like it and it works, you can tidy up all the old files later.

I have bought a 5 inch version for the car and am thinking of doing similar because there are some options on the trucknav that the satnav doesn't have which I like.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. irnbru

Any idea on the size of card I will need please.

9. Kayhardy

Kayhardy

New to this site, so probably in the wrong place, I purchased one of these sat navs, and was totally blown away by it, better than any I have had before, we was in the wilds of Yorkshire and it stopped working, it kept coming up new sat navigation path required, so that was the end I tried resetting it, and of course there is nowhere where you can get help, can anyone help me

10. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I had one and it did work quite well but I wasn't happy with the poor map updating system so gave it away .. it's now somebody else's problem!

PS :HelloThere:&:pink: to Fun

11. The Wino

The Wino Funster

I treat them as a disposable item when they work they are great its just sometimes they don't

• Like Like x 1
  12. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Bit like the £200 Tom Toms then:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. irnbru

@Kayhandy. They are rather a hit or miss. Our local car boot now sells them at only £15. Have you tried a hard reset by holding a pin in the back hole for a few seconds.? Its done the trick for me before but apart from the no u turns mine is working well.

Welcome to fun. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Kayhardy

Kayhardy

Thank you yes I tried that. I've got to be honest I purchased it from amazon and I have sent it back with a full refund. I was thinking of getting another, because it was so good, buthe looking at what people have said, I'm not sure now

15. Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad Funster Life Member

I seem to recall having that problem with mine at the beginning - it was if the tablet had forgotten where the satnav software was stored.
    It was simple to click through the file system to find the Igo.exe file and from then on it's been no problem