DSAW687

Free Member
Dec 16, 2015
Perth Western Australia
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Hi I have just received my GPS from e-bay I live in Perth Western Australia. The Australian maps are working so far. My question is I want to download the free maps and install, My computer knowledge is limited. I have already downloaded the maps for the UK and unzipped them. Where do I put them . the GPS has a USB which I have connected to computer their Are 3 files do I cut and paste to primo or open primo and select one of the inside files.
Will I be able to open the UK files in Australia or will they only work once I get to UK.
Thanks for any help

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Where ever the Oz maps are stored, store the new maps in the same place ( at least that is how it is done on Garmin, Tomtom and some weird cheapo thing I have got whose name alludes me ! )

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Hi and welcome,can't answer you question but just thought I should just say hello.:welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi I dont think you will be able to see the UK maps. whilst you are in OZ unless you input and search for a UK location and then check out the route. may take a while to compute if your starting in OZ

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Don't know if this will help but here goes....
Our 'Chinese' Sat nav bought of EBAY is based on the Igo Primo software. Using Windows 7, we connect the satnav to the PC and open Windows Explorer (Windows key & 'E') It will show the satnav as Removable Disk (E) Yours might have a different letter. Be aware that if your satnav has a SD card installed it will also show as a Removable Disk (probably (F))
Click on either to find 'Primo' Click on Primo and it will show several folders including CONTENT, click on this and and it will open several folders including MAP.
Clicking on MAP will show all the countries you have stored on the sat nav.
I think perhaps the MAPS folder is where you drag and drop the three files you have to.
I am not sure how you test it from Oz but perhaps set the sat nav to take you to somewhere in the UK?
I am sure someone will have a more definitive answer than this
Incidentally on ours, the POI folder is also in the CONTENT folder if you want to add any Points of Interest.
Good Luck

OP
OP
D

DSAW687

Free Member
Dec 16, 2015
Perth Western Australia
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Hi thanks for the quick responses. I found the map file it has only Australia and New Zealand Maps. The information that came with the GPS says go to maps press control + f this shows a number of files France, Germany plus the new UK files moved across. I only got this far with the info on this site which made the Chinese English version make sense! I tried to move files into Maps but have had no success so far?
Do not know if files open up when in the country related to map?
Thanks for the help Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back