Jul 22, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 7.1g
Exp
July 2015
Hi All.

Just purchased a Noza Tec 7" truck GPS for use in the van. It seems to work really well and has kept me away from any low bridge problems, or at least so far! although Ive only used it a few times.

Are there any issues with these units given the cheap price they sell for? Does anybody have any useful tips?.

Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing back from anybody any information.

Cheers

Simon

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
One snag is that you have to buy about eight of them to make you feel like you have bought a really expensive one eg snooper etc.
You then have one for each day of the week and a spare ! :rofl:

I get on great with my similar one, as do many others on this forum (y)

Oldyamyam

Free Member
May 4, 2012
France
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 1991
I have a Prodrive 3 in 1 which is similar but has 3 different satnav prorammes included. I have found it to be better than my TomTom

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
Love mine and its got me on a 1000 mile trip round Cornwall and 1300 miles into a trip round France but the sound has stopped working. Am going to ask for a replacement when I get back.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I got one earlier this year Xgody only thing is the screen could do with being brighter, difficult to see in bright light even with sun visor on. I prefer it to my Garmin(y)

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I bought one and it's ok but much prefer CoPilot on my Nexus 7 Tablet. With the Noza Tec mine would freeze occasionally and have to be reset. I just keep it as a back up.

Rob

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
I bought one recently & the USB connection doesn't work - PC can't see it.
I have two and my Windows 8 laptop will not recognise either of them but MacBook does. So I think it may be something to do with windows.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We love ours but do agree about the screen could be brighter and is it just us or do you all have a Russian bird shouting at you about speed cameras? :eek::LOL:

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
What is the position with updates? How out of date are they when you buy them?

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
I refer to my first reply to the post.

Question - How long does a Tom pom, gremlin, or superpooper sat nav stay in date ?

May I suggest you buy a new updated Cheapie chinkie sat nav each year and chuck the old one. If you worry about such things ;)

I'd guess you are still way "In " pocket after 7 or 8 years !!

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
I refer to my first reply to the post.

Question - How long does a Tom pom, gremlin, or superpooper sat nav stay in date ?

May I suggest you buy a new updated Cheapie chinkie sat nav each year and chuck the old one. If you worry about such things ;)

I'd guess you are still way "In " pocket after 7 or 8 years !!

That would be the way to go alright if they lasted a year??? Mine lasted barely 3 months. I know some here have them longer and thats great, but....The quality from these units is hit and miss and that is a deal breaker for me.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Got one for my birthday. The maps loaded on it were newer than the ones on the web site.

The only problem I have is I want to move the maps to the sd card but the navigation app won't let me point to it... music plays from the card it is just the navigator that can't see it

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
mine shows 2 drives so 1 for internal and 1 for sd c

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Mine has just arrived and on this rainy day I'm going to update the maps and get to grips with it. First impressions are very very good. I will still bring along the TomTom tho - just in case.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
lasted a year

My one froze a few times when I got it, got"Lunar" to have ago with it he loaded up a sim with all the POI'S etc that made it worse, reset it to working off internal normal"path" then switched off some of the never needed bells and whistles(travel log, more use for truckers etc )and she has worked fine "Katie, the computer generated voice" is good friend of ours. Found her essential for our 3 week expedition to Bavaria never let us down and using co ordinates from camper contact she took us right to the gates of wherever. I always had a shufty with "Preview" to see where she was proposing to take us and we always found she was spot on. (y)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I ordered 12gb model which arrived a couple of weeks ago but without the sd card so was only 4gb. ... navibuzz sent me a sd card a few days later but it will not stop in the gps and just shoots out.
I have tried another card with the same result proving the machine is at fault and not the card!
I have been back in touch with them and just want me to accept 10% discount and keep it as a 4gb machine :mad: to save me the cost of returning the cra&&y thing.
Anyone know how to fix a sd slot? :rolleyes:

codriver

Free Member
Jul 15, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
I have a similar Chinese 7 inch sat nav, (not a Noza) and had the same problem as you with my sd card, just wouldn't stay in the slot. I found you have to push it right in with your finger nail and at the same time keep it tight to the edge of the slot and it will lock in. On mine I have to insert the card with its contacts to the rear of the sat nav and keep the card tight to the edge closest to the screen. Hope this helps.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I bought one a few weeks back. It seems to work well, but as said the screen is poor. Any amount of light on it and it starts to fade away. Now see why they supply a shade, but even with that it is pretty naff. Sometimes no matter how you try the sun hits the screen because of your direction of travel. This makes it virtually useless, because Sod's law says it will be washed out when you need it most. So, back to my beautiful Garmin 760LTM, which is what I told you all to buy in the first place, many threads ago. Every so silly, I've wasted money, SuperMike. :(

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
i use mine daily with my job and it works just fine, always got me where im going and never on a bad road

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I bought one a few weeks back. It seems to work well, but as said the screen is poor. Any amount of light on it and it starts to fade away. Now see why they supply a shade, but even with that it is pretty naff. Sometimes no matter how you try the sun hits the screen because of your direction of travel. This makes it virtually useless, because Sod's law says it will be washed out when you need it most. So, back to my beautiful Garmin 760LTM, which is what I told you all to buy in the first place, many threads ago. Every so silly, I've wasted money, SuperMike. :(
I run my old Garmin alongside the Chinese one. I have the sound off on the Garmin and just use it as a visual aid, relying on the commentary from the Chinese. The Garmin will eventually follow the same route as the Chinese one.

OP
OP
simonjcox

simonjcox

Free Member
Jul 22, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 7.1g
Exp
July 2015
I have now had chance to use mine more over the last week or so. I can honestly say that they are very very good for the money and I love Katie :). We will see next month how she behaves as we are going on a 3.5k jolly round Europe so i hope she is well behaved :)

Thanks guys for all your help and comments:roflmto:

Simon

Disco Kid

Free Member
Oct 25, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Not owned yet
Exp
nil
Forget that last .. have ignored the out of stock message and followed the instructions and it works ..

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

agree about the screen could be brighter

and why I returned mine.. couldn't see it on bright light, even with it's sunshade..

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/truck-sat-nav.77566/page-18#post-1591773

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back