Now this is weird (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Just pulled MH out ready for weekend away, disconnected mains before moving, started engine, control panel beeping, we have had a few issues with step sensor, but went back to check, telling me mains hook up still connected

I can clearly see lead on floor in mirror!!

I did once start up without disconnecting, you then have to stop engine, disconnect and restart otherwise it does not recognise the disconnection, I found out by trial and error

This time though it was definitely disconnected before starting up, yet the display still shows the connected icon, (no line through the lead). managed to fool it by tripping the RCD, turning engine off and restarting

Hopefully it will not happen again, but any ideas what might be wrong? I fear it might start beeping mid journey and there is no mute option as we found out with the step issue on a 300 mile journey back from Scotland!!

Apart from throw away the too clever for its own good controller!!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If the hammer does not work is there a fuse you can pull ::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If the hammer does not work is there a fuse you can pull ::bigsmile:
terry

I cant even find a way to get the cover off, thought about finding a main fuse but am worried what else might be on same circuit and what effect no controller will have while in transit

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i've said it before and i'll say it again.........

Modern control panels are far too complicated for what they are supposed to do.

Not fit for purpose.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Pull the lead off the leisure battery :Smile: should not harm anything
terry

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Pull the lead off the leisure battery :Smile: should not harm anything
terry

Knickers in a twist, software malfunction, generally disconnecting sorts its out

Peter

I did think about switching the DC power supply box off / on , see if that resets things, I seem to recall the previous owner said he had to that sometimes

Might be a daft question but is there any risk in driving with that turned off, at least it will stop the bloody beeping, I was worried it might affect the driving safety? I guess there should be no cross over between leisure and cab electrically, but just not brave enough to find while driving!!

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Hit it

May or may not fix it, but it'll make you feel a whole lot better :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A light and a beeper to warn you that your EHU cable is still connected?

I see that "designers" are still coming up with ideas to help those suited sales bods get their hands on their monthly bonuses from our wallets (or envelopes under the pillow)...

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Do you have a solar panel fitted and if so is it connected via a Schaudt regulator? I ask because last year wee encountered a similar issue on a customers Hymer (the panel would show hookup connected when it wasn't) and replacing the Victron reg with the Schaudt unit solved the problem. I don't know why but it did.

D.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Do you have a solar panel fitted and if so is it connected via a Schaudt regulator? I ask because last year wee encountered a similar issue on a customers Hymer (the panel would show hookup connected when it wasn't) and replacing the Victron reg with the Schaudt unit solved the problem. I don't know why but it did.

D.
THIS I LIKE :thumb: sounds just like Paul "it works don't it "leave it alone :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

D.

We do but it isn't connected, the fitter said he could connect it but then turned up without the right 'bit' so it is independent

It has only happened the once, and by tripping the RCD it sorted it, I am going to try turning off and on all the 12V while away, not sure if this will include the control panel, but it the fix all for most things electronic!!

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
" We do but it isn't connected, the fitter said he could connect it but then turned up without the right 'bit' so it is independent"

Do you mean the solar reg is connected directly to the leisure batteries rather than going through the Elektroblok?

If so I think this may be the cause of your problem and a Schaudt regulator connected properly to the EBL will resolve it.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back