Now The Newbies Have Nearly Finished Their First Trip (1 Viewer)

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Well yep our first week over,, stayed in a variety of places what the French Passion like

OP
OP
Dubiousp

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
I have a similar problem so sort of the reason for the question

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we have used them in the past and found them to be really good and our daughter preferred some of them to some sites as she got to meet the French family and some had kids.

We did turn up at one and didn't really like the look of it but stayed the night anyway and turned out to be a little gem even if the grass was a bit untidy :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Dubiousp

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Will update with a couple of pics tomorrow

OP
OP
Dubiousp

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
We left Dunkirk and turned right down towards Le Treport, not quite sure why maybe because it sounded good. The place was pretty closed up but that may have been one of two reasons a) lunch time on a Monday b) by the water. The quay etc reminded us of Looe in Cornwall, we first went to:

Le Treport 1 which is on page 384 of the new book.
Looked a little tired and with rain a bit miserable, I can imagine however in the sun it would be an ideal point to stay,

We then drove up the hill to Le Treport 2
This is situated right on the top of a hill over looking the bay very quant, little bit exposed with the wind and rain but an ideal spot for lunch, would certainly give this ago with some sun.

Picture Of Van In Treport 2
Broken Link Removed

Picture Of View From Treport 2
Broken Link Removed

We moved on to another site to stay the night, a nice Aire in Montville (Page 387 16). Im not sure if the book picture is correct, that maybe my mistake. The village has a few little shops, bar etc. Aire is nice and tidy right next to a lake and sports complex which is quiet

View Of Aire
Broken Link Removed

View Of Adjacent Lake
Broken Link Removed

Following a peaceful night drove into Rouen parked next to the River
Broken Link Removed

Felt it was time for a recharge so headed for Forges les-Eaux (Page 386 11) lovely and clean.

Broken Link Removed

Next Aire we visited (Page 437 77) St Venant right next to the canal very pretty and quiet

Broken Link Removed

To finish of we drove to Lille bit of a shop and then moved on towards Dunkirk as darkness fell we headed for a campsite which was shut until May however the owner saw us drive up and offered parking providing we didnt want electricity. Very nice.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know you are all probably fed up of me banging on about France passion, but being as the question has been asked , we spent 3 weeks in France last year totally on FP sites, down to the south then on to paid for sites In Italy and I must say enjoyed the FP sites far more , and again on the way back. Most of the ones we were on had water and a few toilets, but as we are self contained this was fine ,with just camping car stops to empty the tanks. They all sell something but not one was pushy, we did purchase some things but only what we would have bought anyway (wine, eggs, honey, cider, veg and even at one home grown peanuts ) well worth the ÂŁ24

OP
OP
Dubiousp

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
French Passion is for me on my next trip, it looks a bit of fun this trip for me really was a bit of fact finding and trial::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back