Now I know the prefered layout.....

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Foxglove, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Foxglove

Foxglove Read Only Funster

Leaning toward something with the kitchen at the back and no fixed beds, just need some pointers of what makes/models to look at, something around 10 years old up to £15k odd....unless I win the lottery sometime soon!:sneaky:

2. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

Anything in the Autosleepers range with EKTBLP in the title, if you and me win the lottery simultaneously maybe even a new one! There are still some old Heralds about that have the same layout and are about 10-15k. Had one it was a cracking vehicle and we wish we'd kept it!

3. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Look at the pre 2000 Hymer 544 and 584. could fit the bill. :)

4. Daifuse

Daifuse

We've got a 51 plate Cheyenne 630s on a Fiat Chassis with a 2.8 JTD with exactly that layout which is what SWMBO wanted, plenty of kitchen worktop and a pleasure to drive. It was a bit more than 15K but that was 12 months ago.

5. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

One of my early vans was a Compass Calypso on a VW base. It was petrol with an LPG conversion and I loved it. Very comfortable to drive and a nice small van. Also had a Hymer with rear kitchen and that too served me well. Making the right decision on the layout is, in my opinion, the most important first step and the fun now starts in looking for your ideal van. If possible get to the Lincoln show and have a look at what is on offer. If you are not trading anything in ignore the price in the window! Good luck and enjoy the hunt.