Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Philippft submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

Novigrad was our first stop in Croatia. The ACSI campsite is on the shore of the Adriatic sea and a 10 minute walk to the town.
The town is quite small and can be easily explored in an hour or so. It has a long, long history and is also a fishing port. In the high season the population trebles with most homes taking in tourists. There are plenty of restaurants, many specializing in some superb fish dishes and some bars, shops, tourist office, supermarket, currency exchange outlets, bank, church and police station. I fell in love with this place and met a wonderful character who ran a bar/restaurant who spoke several languages and told me he had his training in a school for waiters many years ago. He always wore a clean white shirt and tie with razor sharp creases and was very, very good at his job and very friendly, he told us a lot about his life and it was obvious he was very proud of the position he held.

We would sit at a table outside his bar, drink cold beer and people watch. The beer was very good and only 20 Kuna a bottle.

For me the high light of Novigrad was getting very cheap fresh fish, either from the boats as they came in to the port, the fish market or the fish monger. Every morning there would be fresh fish for sale, I was buying fresh Sea bass for the equivalent of €4.00. We ate a lot of wild fresh sea Bass and when we left I had a few in the freezer.
If we go back to Croatia, I will definitely be coming back here.

Broken Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back