novice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by itsmyvan, Dec 14, 2008.

1. itsmyvan

itsmyvan Deleted User

HI

I have put a thing on the beginners forum and then found this one so hello.

I have never had a van before, never holidayed in a caravan, never driven a van, rarely camped, amd not a practical person, at all.

So with all that auspicious and relevant knowledge i decided to buy a camper van.

Something small, dainty even, just for the odd day trip into Wales.

Somehow in all my research, my plans grew. :Eeek:

I now have an Autosleeper Talisman, H reg instead of my little Fiat Punto, (the Punto died in disgust and is now rusting on the drveway).

I have had an inaugural afternoon out in the hail with a friend and driven it 200 miles down the motorway to visit my dad. I love driving it. It is much more fun than the car.

I love it, but have no further plans at present except to learn how to reverse it better and get more familiar with the heater etc. My hope is to be able to take off when I feel like it and be independant of single room supplements.

No doubt I will wander around this site a while. Please Let me know if there is any burning advice I need as a total complete absolute impractical novice.

I am a bit shy too and terrified of getting to a campsite the first time.

2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi Itsmyvan

There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folk on here. If you have any questions just ask away, someone will know the answer. We were all novices once so don't be shy. Best advice i can give you is to attend a MHFun rally or meet where you will get first hand knowledge and advice from the Funsters. And like membership to this forum it's FREE.

3. mark e

mark e Read Only Funster

Any information you need about south Wales, then feel free to ask me. I'll try to help. And welcome :BigGrin:

4. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Welcome to the fun
    Its a terrible affliction "Motrhomeitis"
    you'll have a 40 foot American RV by the end of this week:Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Geo

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

as Brisey said.....the best thing to do is come along to one of the many motorhomefun meetups.

have a look at the CALENDER on the blue bar below the fun banner.
    members arrange meets for no other reason than to meet other members and have loads of fun and no need to be shy, you will be made very welcome.

john.

6. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

hi and welcome:Smile: