novice (1 Viewer)

I

itsmyvan

Deleted User
HI

I have put a thing on the beginners forum and then found this one so hello.

I have never had a van before, never holidayed in a caravan, never driven a van, rarely camped, amd not a practical person, at all.

So with all that auspicious and relevant knowledge i decided to buy a camper van.

Something small, dainty even, just for the odd day trip into Wales.

Somehow in all my research, my plans grew. :Eeek:

I now have an Autosleeper Talisman, H reg instead of my little Fiat Punto, (the Punto died in disgust and is now rusting on the drveway).

I have had an inaugural afternoon out in the hail with a friend and driven it 200 miles down the motorway to visit my dad. I love driving it. It is much more fun than the car.

I love it, but have no further plans at present except to learn how to reverse it better and get more familiar with the heater etc. My hope is to be able to take off when I feel like it and be independant of single room supplements.

No doubt I will wander around this site a while. Please Let me know if there is any burning advice I need as a total complete absolute impractical novice.

I am a bit shy too and terrified of getting to a campsite the first time.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Itsmyvan

There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folk on here. If you have any questions just ask away, someone will know the answer. We were all novices once so don't be shy. Best advice i can give you is to attend a MHFun rally or meet where you will get first hand knowledge and advice from the Funsters. And like membership to this forum it's FREE.

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Any information you need about south Wales, then feel free to ask me. I'll try to help. And welcome ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Welcome to the fun
Its a terrible affliction "Motrhomeitis"
you'll have a 40 foot American RV by the end of this week:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as Brisey said.....the best thing to do is come along to one of the many motorhomefun meetups.

have a look at the CALENDER on the blue bar below the fun banner.
members arrange meets for no other reason than to meet other members and have loads of fun and no need to be shy, you will be made very welcome.

john.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back