Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Hi All,
After viewing this forum (and a few others) on and off for a while now, I've decided that this is the one which seems to have the most varied contributors (although some of you do appear on other forums!) and informative threads.
I take delivery of my new MH in March and time seems to have slowed.
I must also admit to being a little aprehensive and having a little bit of buyers remorse.
I am lucky enough to have traveled the globe quite extensively (with work) but now want to take a bit of time to 'see' some of the places I have been to, initially the UK.
My 'first wife' and I have in the past had a caravan and rented RV's. We are and have always been very spontaneous and like the thought of just getting up and headings off.
Europe doesn't phase me, however I do have some concernes with doing this in the UK, especially considering the length of my MH, so as the first, of what may be a long list, request is for advice on how to avoid any pitfalls that may be encountered traveling in the UK.
I am looking forward to your responses and being a member of this 'fun' forum.
Spud & Co.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Spud, and welcome to the madhouse:welc:
You don't mention the length of your MoHo but I don't think you will have many problems in the UK.
Obviously small village centres should be avoided with the very large units.
Have fun with your travels.
John. :Smile:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome, there are frequent discussions here on the perils or not of a large MH or RV. As you have already ordered your MH you will be able to tell us about your experiences soon! But I think the worst case is you may have to call ahead to check a campsite can take the length of your vehicle.
And avoid Lidl car parks!

OP
OP
Spud

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Thanks for the Welcomes,
Wondering what the glasses image mean on the title page represent?
Hi Spud, and welcome to the madhouse:welc:
You don't mention the length of your MoHo but I don't think you will have many problems in the UK.
Obviously small village centres should be avoided with the very large units.
Have fun with your travels.
John. :Smile:
Hi John,
The length of the MH is 8.5m
Spud.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi spud and welcome to MHF(y)we to are taking delivery of our motorhome in March.its 8.8mtrs long and I know know there wont be a problem travelling the uk.hope the hand over goes smoothly for you and look forward to seeing you out and about:).
Brian & Jo

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Wondering what the glasses image mean on the title page represent?
I think it shows you are "watching" the thread, which happens by default if you start a new thread or post on another thread. The effect, I believe is you then get alerts when someone posts again on that thread. You can also opt to get email alerts if you want but that doesn't happen by default.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, the UK is there for you to enjoy there will be few places you won't be able to go, DavidG58 is in the middle of a tour of Scotland now in a large motorhome if you have a look at that thread it will give you some idea of what is possible. "Durness. The decision is made" is the thread.
Ask as many questions as you need that is what the forum is about.:welc:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back