Nottingham (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Any recommendations for campsites in the Nottingham area? Daughter at Uni there and we thought we may pop up to visit the on the bank holiday weekend.Would need to be on a reasonable transport route to Nottingham as I hate moving once parked up and don't even mention bicycles please. ::bigsmile:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Could try this depends on size of moterhome and access but tram from bulwell to nottingham city centre or 10 min on train on the Robin Hood line:thumb: Link Removed. Perhaps phone to check if they take motorhomes as access could be tight if big van

Last edited:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Try:

Link Removed

its £18 a night per motorhome (so could be good value if there are a few of you)

I have stayed there several times but I'm on my own so not too worried about the facilities. Bus terminus is about a 10 minute walk from the site (20 minutes by bus into city) - you can get weekend/weekly passes for the buses. Site is run by the County Council has lots of hard standing and electric - toilet block is a bit basic & can get quite busy with tents and tuggers some weekends as its next to the National Water Sports Centre.

Should be a better site next year its going to be managed by a private company who are investing millions of council money into the site and the water sports centre. Lady bay pub is a 15 minute walk and does good meals, also a chippy & shop same distance. I have used them all! :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Try:

Was going to mention the site above, also one at Stragglethorpe:
Thornton's Holt Camping Park
Stragglethorpe
Radcliffe-on-Trent NG12 2JZ
e-mail camping@thorntons-holt.co.uk
Call: 0115 9332125

near bus route, has a swimming pool on site, about 15 mins on bus into Nottingham

This is the site we used when our daughter was at notts uni. Bus route 100yds down road. Pub that does an excellent and very cheap carvery 200yds.

Site is grass and some hardstanding, toilet facilities very basic, would go back but they have now banned rv's.

Ian

OP
OP
MichelleRyall
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not looking very promising, all the above fully booked!!!! May have to try further afield. Will have to put the motorbike on the trailer I think. :Sad:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
there is a nice site at Worksop, by the canal and 5 mins walk into town, although not sure if there is a bus into Nottingham, I am sure there should be one, will keep thinking!!
maybe all booked up as bank holiday weekend.

there is a site at Melton Mowbray that we know of but not sure if there is a bus to Nottingham

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
There's a cl we stayed one night near East Midlands Parkway, Red Hill Marina https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=no...418&t=h&hnear=Nottingham,+United+Kingdom&z=19

We walked to the station, took about 20mins and got a train into notts. Site isn't really the word for this place as you just get a bit of grass by the canal in amongst the boats, but owners are friendly enough, leccy is available but we didn't use it, toilets are very basic, porta cabins I think but I only saw them from outside as we always use our own.

Ian

Last edited:
OP
OP
MichelleRyall
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Have joined The Caravan Club and found a CL called Trinity Farm which the owner thinks has a vacancy. He was down on the farm at the time ::bigsmile:
It is an organic farm which sounds great.

OP
OP
MichelleRyall
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yep full up also. My fault for thinking I could get in anywhere on a bank holiday weekend..oops. Could be wild camping at this rate :ROFLMAO:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
National Water Sports Centre ,nice place .Next to the river trent .take your fishing gear lol it great.I have rang a few times when its full .but i just go anyway and they always find a space.:thumb:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Melton Mowbary site phone number is 01664 567846 is a great little site was there last night! Only £9 a night including electric. The Melton site used to be a CC site but just been modernised and now run by Town Guild. Or Travesal CC&C site is possibly the best in the area, its near Sutton in Ashfield but both a bit of a trot to Nottingham - although both have buses that would get you eventually to Nottingham.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
There's a cl we stayed one night near East Midlands Parkway, Red Hill Marina https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=no...418&t=h&hnear=Nottingham,+United+Kingdom&z=19

We walked to the station, took about 20mins and got a train into notts. Site isn't really the word for this place as you just get a bit of grass by the canal in amongst the boats, but owners are friendly enough, leccy is available but we didn't use it, toilets are very basic, porta cabins I think but I only saw them from outside as we always use our own.

Ian
Rita and I stayed here too, when we went to see Riverdance at Nottingham's Royal Concert Hall. Like Olley says, it's very basic, and the Elsan point is best described as either "draconian" or "primitive", or both, but it does the job. The the pitch by the river, is lovely on a nice sunny day though. :Smile:

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back