Nottingham

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by MichelleRyall, May 8, 2013.

1. MichelleRyall

MichelleRyall Funster

Any recommendations for campsites in the Nottingham area? Daughter at Uni there and we thought we may pop up to visit the on the bank holiday weekend.Would need to be on a reasonable transport route to Nottingham as I hate moving once parked up and don't even mention bicycles please. :BigGrin:

2. paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome Read Only Funster

Could try this depends on size of moterhome and access but tram from bulwell to nottingham city centre or 10 min on train on the Robin Hood line:thumb: http://www.blenheimfarmcaravanpark.co.uk/index.html. Perhaps phone to check if they take motorhomes as access could be tight if big van

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  3. Philiphall

Philiphall Funster

Try:

http://www.nwscnotts.com/accommodation/campsite/

its £18 a night per motorhome (so could be good value if there are a few of you)

I have stayed there several times but I'm on my own so not too worried about the facilities. Bus terminus is about a 10 minute walk from the site (20 minutes by bus into city) - you can get weekend/weekly passes for the buses. Site is run by the County Council has lots of hard standing and electric - toilet block is a bit basic & can get quite busy with tents and tuggers some weekends as its next to the National Water Sports Centre.

Should be a better site next year its going to be managed by a private company who are investing millions of council money into the site and the water sports centre. Lady bay pub is a 15 minute walk and does good meals, also a chippy & shop same distance. I have used them all! :Rofl1:

4. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. olley

olley Funster

6. MichelleRyall

MichelleRyall Funster

Not looking very promising, all the above fully booked!!!! May have to try further afield. Will have to put the motorbike on the trailer I think. :Sad:

7. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

there is a nice site at Worksop, by the canal and 5 mins walk into town, although not sure if there is a bus into Nottingham, I am sure there should be one, will keep thinking!!
    maybe all booked up as bank holiday weekend.

there is a site at Melton Mowbray that we know of but not sure if there is a bus to Nottingham

8. olley

olley Funster

There's a cl we stayed one night near East Midlands Parkway, Red Hill Marina https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=no...418&t=h&hnear=Nottingham,+United+Kingdom&z=19

We walked to the station, took about 20mins and got a train into notts. Site isn't really the word for this place as you just get a bit of grass by the canal in amongst the boats, but owners are friendly enough, leccy is available but we didn't use it, toilets are very basic, porta cabins I think but I only saw them from outside as we always use our own.

Ian

Last edited: May 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MichelleRyall

MichelleRyall Funster

Have joined The Caravan Club and found a CL called Trinity Farm which the owner thinks has a vacancy. He was down on the farm at the time :BigGrin:
    It is an organic farm which sounds great.

10. Travelbug1

Travelbug1 Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1
  11. MichelleRyall

MichelleRyall Funster

Yep full up also. My fault for thinking I could get in anywhere on a bank holiday weekend..oops. Could be wild camping at this rate :Rofl1:

12. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

National Water Sports Centre ,nice place .Next to the river trent .take your fishing gear lol it great.I have rang a few times when its full .but i just go anyway and they always find a space.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Philiphall

Philiphall Funster

Melton Mowbary site phone number is 01664 567846 is a great little site was there last night! Only £9 a night including electric. The Melton site used to be a CC site but just been modernised and now run by Town Guild. Or Travesal CC&C site is possibly the best in the area, its near Sutton in Ashfield but both a bit of a trot to Nottingham - although both have buses that would get you eventually to Nottingham.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Rita and I stayed here too, when we went to see Riverdance at Nottingham's Royal Concert Hall. Like Olley says, it's very basic, and the Elsan point is best described as either "draconian" or "primitive", or both, but it does the job. The the pitch by the river, is lovely on a nice sunny day though. :Smile:

Cheers,

Jock.

• Like Like x 1