Note to myself.... Ooopps...

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by W18BLA, May 16, 2011.

1. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

We decided to get the MH out at the weekend for a run as it hasnt been used for 3 weeks as we are saving for our holiday at the end of May! Anyway went to the storage place where we keep her and as i got out of car i was hearing this horrible screech of a buzzer coming from our van which i instantly though "ALARM" anyway it didn't stop when i unlocked her as we have a Canbus Cobra alarm, so i was on the investergation...

After about 5 mins i found the noise was coming from under the seat where the "Inverter" is for the 12v side of our Dometic Aircon...

Yeap you guessed it silly me had left the inverter on for 3 weeks solid.. The aircon wasn't on just the inverter and i had 2x 130amp Elecsols flat as a pancake and i mean flat 3.4v oooooppps...

But thank god i have Elecsols being carbon fibre and not like other leisure batteries these bad boys can handle the lack of charge and were up to 12.6v after a drive,

Who says buying expensive batteries don't pay....

Unlike conventional batteries, the Elecsol battery Range does not suffer from permanent lead sulphation, which is caused by leaving your battery in a discharged state or by overcharging

Craig

• Like Like x 1
  2. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

Good to hear-I've just fitted 2x110 Elecsols :thumb:

Mike

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I for one ...

I bought an Elecsol and it failed at less than 18 months old .. when I made a claim under the warranty was informed I was to blame .. I had misused it .. After a long battle I was offered a new one with a 30% discount .. You only get a pro rata discount if it fails within the warranty period.. NOT a free replacement .. I told them to stuff it ..

I now only ever buy cheapo FLAs .. I bought four 85 ah for the RV, total cost £130 .. (2005 prices ) they were five years old when I sold it, still going strong.. and that was full time and being used/abused regularly ..

Elecsol cost about double a regular FLA.. will they last 10 years ? My experience says no .. but don't take my word.. Google 'failed Elecsol' I am not alone in being a disgruntled Elecsol customer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

You will be happy with them i am sure.. plus a great 5 year garrentee.... Makes them well worth while... But i will have to look into this after reading last comment lol thanks Jim mine where in the van from day 1 and dealer has said if they are knackered they will replace.. but i guess thats under the 12mths warranty with them..

5. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Worrying thing tho! Why didn't the people you were storing with, phone to tell you about the noise?

6. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Hi Jim,

I,m thinking of new batteries so this is interesting.
    I googled "failed elecsol" and got nothing.

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&ds=p...failed+elecsol&pbx=1&fp=c69fbefbb4f66bcd&bs=1

Anything else I should put, thanks
    callum

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

that's odd.. I get this

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=failed+elecsol&cp=14&pf=p&sclient=psy&safe=off&source=hp&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=failed+elecsol&pbx=1&fp=aa2a5230fe2f7258

haven't read any yet .. it was a few years ago so some stories may have been buried..

8. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Thanks Jim, bit strange, but got it now.....:thumb:

9. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

I wonder what you would of said if it had been your wife left the invertor on:Angry::Wink::Doh::shout:

10. W18BLA

W18BLA Funster

life sentence for murder i would have got lol. Storage people wouldnt have heard it you had to be right next to it. Its a great storage yard great security etc but pants service lol.