Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Where are you heading for after Spain?

Sorry missed that bit.

We are off into Portugal next. We are on a campsite at Luarca at the moment, taking the opportunity to get blogs and photos uploaded and batteries charged up.

When we hit Portugal we will head south and then go onto the Spanish Med, round a bit and then back into France before heading back to the UK in late June. If all goes to plan we shall be heading off again pretty soon afterwards to have a nose around Germany :thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Sorry missed that bit.

We are off into Portugal next. We are on a campsite at Luarca at the moment, taking the opportunity to get blogs and photos uploaded and batteries charged up.

When we hit Portugal we will head south and then go onto the Spanish Med, round a bit and then back into France before heading back to the UK in late June. If all goes to plan we shall be heading off again pretty soon afterwards to have a nose around Germany :thumb:
It sounds like a smashing "wee jolly" that you are on. :roflmto:

Great photos.

Germany next? Our favourite so far. It is such a nice clean country to visit, and beautiful scenery, especially down the Mosel, and also through Bavaria.

Safe travels,

Jock.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
well , as a french resident I keep an eye on the french weather when in spain in the winter

forecast for tonight is for between -9C and -2C all over france , but only snow for about threee quarters of the country ....and three quarters of the country should get up to zero or a little more in the morning

how are things in the uk ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
how are things in the uk ?
Hi Lebesset,

Here in East Anglia, we've had hard frost, snow, sleet, hail, blue skies and sunshine, all in the space of a couple of hours. It has been a lovely afternoon though, with the sun setting right now.

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Some more, thought I may as well keep this thread up.

Covadonga

Faro de il le Pancha (Ribadeo)

Beach Path (Laxe)

Camarinas Lighthouse (the first electric one in Spain)

Sculpture (Muxia)

Finisterre Lighthouse

I have updated my blog as well which now includes the journey around the Costa De Morte, North West Spain, linked below.

Weather update: It absolutely hammered down in Santiago de Compostela today, temperatures are not too bad though. We are going to head for the coast again tomorrow as we both prefer it there, hate cities!!!

Also, on my blog I have started to add GPS co-ordinates of places that we stayed or places where we think others might be able to. I have to say that the POI download from the http://www.furgovw.org/ site has sent us to some amazing places, some a little too isolated for us and occasionally some don't exist and have you driving through narrow streets and up and down steep hills only to find the entrance to the spot gated off as there has been an industrial unit built there since the POI was made :Doh:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Some more, thought I may as well keep this thread up.

You better had.
I think I will be dissapointed when you don't.
Just got back from France myself yesterday. Absoloutly loads of snow where we went.::bigsmile: I will hopefully update my blog today and show you my photo offerings for you to to put me right.:thumb:

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Well, it seems that we missed the worst of the weather despite us feeling a little unnerved at times, especially sat on the port at Combarro where the wind was the strongest I had ever experienced.......that was until we were in Baiona on the campsite.

We are currently still in Baiona awaiting delivery of my replacement hard drive from HP Spain. The sun has been out today and the wind has dropped considerably, apparently the sun is really coming out tomorrow but we'll see.

Not been able to take many photos of late because of the rain but here are a few as an update. Of course, it's all being blogged as well :thumb:

Santiago de Compostela (the first real rain we saw was here, about an hour before this was taken.

Stormy night in Boiro

Football Pitch (Spanish Style)

Rain in Combarro

Baiona Beach

Taken from the campsite in Baiona today

I hope that anyone who got caught in the storms faired as well as we did and that no-one got damaged or injured.

Oh, by the way, our TV has packed up, does anyone know where I can pick a 12v/230v small TV/DVD combi up in northern Portugal? I can't quite seem to get my head around the shops in Spain..........don't they have motorhome/camping accessory stores here?

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Great photos Steve :thumb:

Glad you're coping well with the rain and wind, we had some 100mph stuff during the night last week in Northern Spain - no fun at all :Eeek:

Your blog is excellent :winky:

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Are you heading down south now Neil? As I say, we are stuck at Baiona until my drive turns up.

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
We are nice and cosy in our Spanish house (south of Valencia), seeing what the weather does before heading off Portugal way. Hope your drive turns up soon - sounds like its been a nightmare for you.

When are you heading eastwards and through Spain towards the Med?

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
We are nice and cosy in our Spanish house (south of Valencia), seeing what the weather does before heading off Portugal way. Hope your drive turns up soon - sounds like its been a nightmare for you.

When are you heading eastwards and through Spain towards the Med?

We intend to go south through Portugal and then when we get to the sea to turn left and go all along the coast, back into Spain and then back into France. Not sure when we will be getting down to the Med but I reckon it's going to be around a month from now, depends what happens really :Cool:

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
After 10 days without internet access my blog has finally been updated, without photos unfortunately, but with GPS co-ordinates of where we have stayed.

Down into Portugal now, 20 minutes from the Algarve and the weather is great. Parked in Silves with a load of other motorhomes and free internet access!

Have a read here :Cool:

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
After 10 days without internet access my blog has finally been updated, without photos unfortunately, but with GPS co-ordinates of where we have stayed.

Down into Portugal now, 20 minutes from the Algarve and the weather is great. Parked in Silves with a load of other motorhomes and free internet access!

Have a read here :Cool:

Beginning to wonder where you'd got to! Glad to read all's well. I think I've lost track of the hard drive issue but glad to see your spirits are up and you're enjoying the trip and experiencing motorhoming at its best!

Keep the reports coming - good inspiration :thumb:

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
It's been a while and we have travelled all through Portugal, and back into Spain where we are currently sat on a hugely expensive campsite.........Link Removed in Ronda. Ridiculous prices!!!

Anyway we are here for the night so may as well use the internet that they charged me 3 Euro for on top of the 29.43 Euro for one night stay! :Blush:

Bom Jesus in Portugal.

Taken in Amarante in Portugal

Sunset at Ovar Beach

Beach bar at Sao Jacinto

Castanheiro Door and Window

Fatima Basilica

Parked at Senhora de Rocha

Door and Windows in Silves

Sagres Coastline

Sagres Fort Wall

Bordeira Beach

Alcantarilha Roof Detail

Vilamoura Marina

El Rocio Church - Spain

Tarifa Beach

All of the blog is bang up to date now and is located here.

Heading back to Portugal as soon as possible, Spain is not our favorite place i'm afraid, too expensive on camp sites and too difficult to wild camp along the coasts from our limited experience :Eeek:

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Hi you two :Smile:

More great photos Steve! Your recommendation of Senhora de Rocha was well worth a visit - think we even stayed in the same position as you judging by your photo, stunning view of the cove below :thumb:.

We are heading east through Spain now and had a great (FREE :winky:) stay at an aire at Archidona - you'd love the architecture there. Now at Venta Del Peral on their free wifi - did I mention its free to stay at as well?

Seriously though, sorry to hear you're not so impressed with Spain, it is very different from Portugal. El Rocio sounds great from your blog so is on our list for a future visit. Have a safe trip and keep in touch.

Cheers for now.

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Seriously though, sorry to hear you're not so impressed with Spain, it is very different from Portugal. El Rocio sounds great from your blog so is on our list for a future visit. Have a safe trip and keep in touch.

Hi Neil,

Don't get me wrong, the drive down the Andalucian coast was beautiful and todays jaunt up to Ronda would have been equally stunning if it wasn't for the low clouds and rain. It's their approch to motorhomers that has kind of got me a bit edgy, signs everywhere saying no parking for motorhomes (around the part of the coast we were on anyway) and then when you do go on a campsite you get seriously ripped off. Portugal is the place for us I think, and France of course :thumb: But, maybe the time will come in those countries as well :Sad:

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Couldn't agree more about the cost of Spanish campsites Steve. We spoke to quite a few people in the last couple of weeks who have used them and don't like them - cost and cleanliness being their main issues.

I just wish more towns and villages would set up aires, as the ones we have stayed at have been great for short stays - spend a few Euros in bars/shops and everyone is happy :Smile:.

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Some from todays walk arounnd the town of Ronda in Spain, amazing place to be, so beautiful!!

View from the Bridge.

Ronda Bullring

Ronda Bridge

Tree and Window

OP
OP
stevegreen

stevegreen

Free Member
May 3, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
1st year
Right, we are back in the UK now after having to rush through northern Portugal, northern Spain and all of France to get back for a funeral. Feels very wierd being back especially as we have been dotting around living as guests for the main time. Motorhome has to go in for a few repairs this week so effectively we will be homeless, wonder if i can get any benefits for that :winky:

Last batch of photos from me then, not as many as I would have liked but rushing back didn't help matters really.

Monsaraz Bell Tower

Monsaraz Street Light

Marvao Street

Fadagosa Church (derelict)

Door and Window - Barragem da Povao

Stork

Almeida Doors and Windows

Vine, Door, Window (Montagne sur Gironde, France)

La Suze sur Sarthe

Calais

Plan now is to hang around in the UK to get all of the appointments out of the way then head back down to Portugal in November to spend Winter there :clap:

Thanks to everyone who read the blog, looked at the pictures or even just kept up with this thread. I am planning to make a page on my blog which will detail every place that we overnighted, with GPS co-ordinates and facilities (if I can remember) hopefully this will be of help to anyone going a similar route to us wether they be first timers or someone just looking for different places.

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Hi you two! ::bigsmile:

Sorry to hear you had to rush back, and that you had a drama or two en route.....

Keep us posted with your next travels in case we cross paths again :thumb: still practicing with the bbq!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back