Not risking France, off to Bavaria...any campsite recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Tunnel today, hoped to go to South France, but seems too risky.
Off to Bavaria instead. Can anyone offer advice? Suggest which part to go to? Know of a good campsite? Thank you ( I don't cope well without a plan, and this has thrown me! )

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Munich and Neuschwanstein castle, you have to see both!
For Munich, there is a campsite here n48.1747 e11.4469, it is basic, but has all the facilities, you can't book but they always have space. There is a bus right outside to take you into the city (it is outside the LEZ as well).
For Neuschwanstein there is a Stellplatz here N47.582005 E10.700982 the castle has a car park which accommodates motorhomes located here n47.557910 e10.740505
Hope this helps :D

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Tunnel today, hoped to go to South France, but seems too risky.
Off to Bavaria instead. Can anyone offer advice? Suggest which part to go to? Know of a good campsite? Thank you ( I don't cope well without a plan, and this has thrown me! )
Enjoy your trip sometimes the best journeys are those that aren't planned.:)
Your not taking a car on a a frame are you?;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Sue
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
What ever you decide on sue, post some pictures on here and a bit about your trip. I love reading about other people's experiences on their travels.
Have a great time, stay safe .

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Just to add, no Munich trip is complete without a visit to the Hofbrauhaus, where you can have a beer and feed and carve your name into the table :D (you have to go there to understand)

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
I have the same sort of dilemma - we were planning to head towards Biarritz but Mrs Colpot thinks it would be irresponsible to do this with the current uncertaintly - so I thought plan B would be to give the Moselle another go (2 years ago we tried it but it was persistently wet so we went back to France). Now, however Mrs C has decided she doesnt like Germany so not sure what we will end up doing. All I know is that we are booked on the tunnel on Sat morning for a 2 week break and I will have a full tank in Bessie and 500 euros in my pocket. Trying to tempt Mrs C with pictures of the Moselle currently.....

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have the same sort of dilemma - we were planning to head towards Biarritz but Mrs Colpot thinks it would be irresponsible to do this with the current uncertaintly - so I thought plan B would be to give the Moselle another go (2 years ago we tried it but it was persistently wet so we went back to France). Now, however Mrs C has decided she doesnt like Germany so not sure what we will end up doing. All I know is that we are booked on the tunnel on Sat morning for a 2 week break and I will have a full tank in Bessie and 500 euros in my pocket. Trying to tempt Mrs C with pictures of the Moselle currently.....
As I have just said in the strike thread , there's nothing wrong with northern France , motorhomers always seem to look on it as somewhere to get through as quick as possible, but the weather should be ok , and loads of small villages and towns and old war stuff if you are interested, and beachs above and below Calais and you can then just nip into Belgium or Luxembourg if you need fuel, no probs(y):)

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
As I have just said in the strike thread , there's nothing wrong with northern France , motorhomers always seem to look on it as somewhere to get through as quick as possible, but the weather should be ok , and loads of small villages and towns and old war stuff if you are interested, and beachs above and below Calais and you can then just nip into Belgium or Luxembourg if you need fuel, no probs(y):)
Thanks - but we have done Northern France many a time and were looking to explore further South West for a change.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Have persuaded Mrs Colpot that we will head South West as intended and see how the situation is and if necessary revisit some of our favourite North bits.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Maybe subscribe to the Bordatlas web app. Give good description of all sites/stellplatz etc. Or camper contact. How far down you going? Königsee/Bertchesgaden way?

Reactions: Sue

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just to add, no Munich trip is complete without a visit to the Hofbrauhaus, where you can have a beer and feed and carve your name into the table :D (you have to go there to understand)

Ahh, the Hofbrauhaus. Happy dayzzz.
Germany 2015 006.JPG
Germany 2015 007.JPG
Germany 2015 010.JPG

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
image.jpeg

Thanks to everyone for you replies and suggestions. When we arrived in France we had no problems getting petrol so have decided to stay.
We are near Florac in the Cevannes national park....hairy roads, but gorgeous spot. Great laid back campsite, fantastic for tough walks.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Mittenvald is lovely with a stellplaz near town and station. Trains Garmish are cheap and then you can catch the train to highest beer garden in the world -
Zugspitze. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back