Not quite Europe ! Any brave soul up for this? (1 Viewer)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
My son runs African Safaris and Scuba Diving Trips to some quite exotic destinations, he has a special offer on an African Safari if any one is uo for this

=======================================

Hi,

I have three spaces left on the trip I am guiding to Botswana and Zimbabwe September 7th to 20th. I would like to fill them quickly so am offering a 200 euro reduction on original 1830 euro rate. You can now buy into this amazing value safari for just 1630 euros. You would be in the second vehicle (i will be driving the other vehicle) following my lead. If you’ve harboured dreams of driving through the African sand and a bit of mud, this is the perfect opportunity to make them come true, all the while guided by an experienced African off-road driver. I have attached the trip itinerary. Feel free to pass it on to any friends you think might be interested.

Christopher

Broken Link Removed

Day 1: Arrival at Maun airport and transfer to the Old Bridge. Accommodation in permanent tents in comfy
beds. Communal ablution facilities.
Day2: depart from "The Old Bridge Backpackers" at 9am by motor boat for an approximately 6 hour boat
trip with game and bird viewing on the way with a short stop for a picnic lunch.Arrive at Xaxaba campsite
mid-afternoon and settle into camp.From 5:00pm to 6:00pm go for a short guided game walk on Chiefs
island. Arrive back at camp, have a wash or bucket shower and then a good campfire dinner. Sleep the
night in dome tents with comfortable bedrolls.
Tel France:+33(0)668 74 97 05
Tel UK: +44(0)771 334 27 29
Tel Tanzania: +255 779 145 514
cb@indigosafaris.com
Day 3: Wake up around 6am, have coffee/tea, rusks and cereal. At 7am go for a short boat ride to meet your mokoro guides for a morning combination of canoeing and walking. Arrive back to the campsite for a large cooked brunch.From 3pm to 6pm go further upstream by boat for birding and game viewing in the Jugujugu area. This is one of the most beautiful areas in the whole of the Okavango delta. Arrive back at Xaxaba campsite for a shower and campfire dinner. Day 4: Wake up very early (around 5am), have coffee/tea and set off for a three hour guided game walk. Arrive back around 8:30 for a full breakfast of cereal, eggs, bacon toast etc.Depart from camp around 11am for a slow ride back to Maun with a picnic lunch on the way. Arrive back at 5pm. Sleep at the Old Bridge in Maun .
Day 5: Pick up vehicles, do a quick food shop and drive into Moremi NP for game viewing – We will explore sandy and sometimes muddy tracks looking for the abundant game around the fringes of the delta before setting up camp at Khwai River (where there is a bridge). Lunch will be sandwiches and salad and snacks. Though I will be having a Pie King spare rib pie or a cheeseburger pie and a Cornish pasty. One of the first areas to offer photographic safaris, Khwai is often hailed as the best game region in Botswana. The vast floodplains of the River Khwai are home to an extensive variety of animals, especially in the winter months when water is scarce. The area is also associated with the San Bushmen, who have a growing community nearby. Dinners for the next three nights will be prepared over the camp fire for you whilst you relax with a well-earned beverage or two.
Day 6: We more slowly north, we head into the Savuti and some more open savannah. For decades a dry sand channel, the Savuti river has started flowing, making for some interesting driving conditions, and attracting plenty of game. Keep your eyes open for cats. Camping at Savuti. More refreshing beverages.
Day 7: We head into Chobe and its massive elephant population. There are also large numbers of various antelope species, including the striking Sable antelope. Unless we’ve been having a ridiculously good time, there should still be some refreshments left to accompany another African sunset, grilled dinner, and star gazing around the fire.
Day 8: As we continue to the northern border of Botswana we end up on the banks of the Chobe river looking for more close encounters of the animal kind. We will camp in Kasane, where I will be happy to cook for you, or we can head to a restaurant.
Day 9: After a quick resupply of fuel and food (and refreshments), we head to Kazungula and cross into Zimbabwe, after some paperwork and no doubt what appears to be minor chaos. Then it’s 75 K to Victoria Falls where we will spend the afternoon in the national park opposite the falls hunting rainbows and getting wet. Park fees are currently 30 USD. High Tea at the legendary Victoria Falls hotel - Scones and clotted cream, cucumber sandwiches, cakes and a cup of brown joy. Night in double/single rooms in a B&B (Vic Falls hotel double rooms available for a 150 USD supplement per person), dinner in a restaurant.
Day 10: Vic Falls area. There are many activities on offer in the area: Bungy jumps off Livingstone Bridge, helicopter rides, walking with lions, white water rafting, canoeing upstream of the falls, microlight flights, etc.. There is also an African Painted Dog conservation project 100k down the road towards Hwange that I am keen on visiting. We could spend the night there, or go back in Vic Falls.
Day 11: Return to Botswana and head 300K down the tar road to Nata, and push on to Gweta, a further 100k. Camping at Gweta. Barbecue dinner.
Day 12: Up early we head to Nxai Pan. This time of year the pan should have large herds of springbok and impala around the central waterhole. (it is one of the few areas where these two antelope species are found together). Giraffe and elephant also come to drink here. The potential stars of the show are the lions, drawn here by the abundance of antelope. If we are lucky we may see a kill here. Camping at Nxai Pan campsite
Day 13: We’ll be up early to be at the waterhole at sunrise. This is the best time for a kill. Tea, coffee and rusks in the truck at the waterhole. If we are in luck we will sit at the waterhole and just relax with the cats. If not, we’ll drive around looking for them, or return to the camp for brunch, depending on how you feel. At around 11 we’ll head south towards the park exit making a detour to cross a small pan to visit Baine’s Boababs and look for some atmospheric oryx pictures. Lunch at the boababs and then we head back to Maun for 4 PM to hand the vehicles back before returning to the Old Bridge for tea and medals.
Day 14: Transfer to the airport.
Itinerary summary
Day
Date
Do
Sleep at
Friday
07-Sep
arrive Maun
Maun
Saturday
08-Sep
Delta
Chief’s Island
Sunday
09-Sep
Delta
Chief’s Island
Monday
10-Sep
Maun
Maun
Tuesday
11-Sep
game drive
Moremi : Khwai
Wednesday
12-Sep
game drive
Savuti
Thursday
13-Sep
game drive
Chobe
Friday
14-Sep
game drive
Kasane
Saturday
15-Sep
border X, and Falls
Vic Falls
Sunday
16-Sep
Wild dogs or??
Vic Falls
Monday
17-Sep
driving
Gweta
Tuesday
18-Sep
game drive
Nxai Pan
Wednesday
19-Sep
game drive, baobabs, return vehicle
Maun
The second trip follows the same itinerary, starting on Sunday 23rd in Maun, ending on Friday 5th October so you can catch your flight out from Saturday morning.
Included: full-equipped Land Cruiser with long-range tank, tents, mattresses, cooking gear, fridge, tables, chairs, mess kit including bottle opener (I always have a backup or two), jerry can, sat phone rental (not use thereof), GPS, vehicle insurance (3500 BWP excess per vehicle), breakdown assistance, park fees except Vic Falls, accommodation, camping, 3 lunches, 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners on Chiefs Island trip, airport transfers, guides (me, plus local guides for Chief’s Island), first aid kit, whatever animals we see (no guarantees of what), amazing stars (can guarantee that).
Not included: flights, visas, insurance excess (3500 BWP (350 euros) per vehicle to be split amongst the occupants of the vehicle in the event of damage), food and drinks, activities not listed e.g. Vic Falls chopper ride, lion walking, rafting, Vic Falls park fees (30 USD currently), travel insurance.
A passport valid for at least six months beyond date of departure is required , with two blank pages.
Deposit and Balance: 50% deposit required to secure the trip. Balance 60 days before departure.
Cancellations and refunds: I recommend that you take out travel insurance. 25% of the trip cost is non-refundable. If cancellation occurs 61 days or more before departure 75% of trip cost is refundable and between 60 and 31 days, 50% is refundable. If cancellation occurs less than 31 days before departure 0% is refundable unless I manage to fill your place. I will refund you what I manage to sell your space for at short notice, minus the 25% non-refundable portion.
About your guide:
Christopher passed the Field Guides’ Association of South Africa examination in 2006 whilst living in South Africa. He has guided in South Africa, Tanzania, Namibia and Botswana. He is also a freelance photo-journalist. Although his speciality is underwater (he had three dive magazine cover shots in 2011), he is proficient in less challenging environments too and will happily try and pass on some tips. He is a dab hand with a wok, potkje (three-legged cast iron pot), frying pan, or braai (barbecue) grill. He likes a glass of wine with dinner and used to own a micro-brewery in France

Tailor-made dive and safari trips to Africa, Papua New Guinea, and the Bahamas
Plongées et safaris sur-mesure en Afrique, la Papouasie, et les Bahamas

Ask us about our great specials to Pemba (the best part of Zanzibar) in June, July, and November, and our UW photography courses
Demandez nous des infos sur Pemba (Zanzibar) en Juin, Juillet, et Novembre et nos cours de photographie sous-marine

France:+33 (0)6 68 74 97 05

Tanzania: +255 779 145 514

UK: +44 (0)771 334 27 29

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back