Not Good In Calais Last Saturday - Migrants Ggrrrrrr!! (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I am glad you highlighted your concerns for everyones information. It is important people make an informed choice on these matters.The attached might be interesting, although I am not regular reader of this publication and cannot vouch for its authenticity, I thought it interesting to hear what the drivers were saying. Particularly about their fears of threats.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/58...ways-food-Port-of-Dover-law-migration-UKIP-EU

express? UK dumps food worth millions all the time..rather then give it to the needy:rolleyes:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
express? UK dumps food worth millions all the time..rather then give it to the needy:rolleyes:
Yes stuff that's gone off or out of date, not because it's been needlessly contaminated by illegals

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
what I dont get is why they make it so easy for them to get into the trailers...makes no sense

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You look at pictures of these immigrants who are supposedly needy and they are in better clothes than I can afford, leather jackets and designer trainers, what do they expect better when they get here

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Apparently it's not a new problem:

bayeux18.jpg

Whatever the rights or wrongs of it all, there's a strange historical irony in travelling to Bayeux to marvel at the Tapestry, then having to weave our way back through a new generation of migrants at Calais as we try to get back to the safety of the towns and villages with their quaint Norman names, Norman castles etc that we consider a part of our unique heritage.

Right, daydream over. As you were.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
How would you keep them out

who wants to keep em out? I have two doing the garden...Two cleaning the van in readiness for Dorset meet Monday..and Two painting the front of our house as we speak!!!!:D

Deleted User
Apparently it's not a new problem:

bayeux18.jpg

Whatever the rights or wrongs of it all, there's a strange historical irony in travelling to Bayeux to marvel at the Tapestry, then having to weave our way back through a new generation of migrants at Calais as we try to get back to the safety of the towns and villages with their quaint Norman names, Norman castles etc that we consider a part of our unique heritage.

Right, daydream over. As you were.

And travel Eastwards, North, SE from the NW and lots of Viking place names let alone the Anglo Saxon ones all over the place.

We are all descended from migrants :)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We are all descended from migrants :)

Go far enough back in the DNA record and all of our ancestors made the journey northwards from Africa. It's a powerful instinct.

Not that it solves the current problems of course, but staying in one place is quite a new-fangled idea where humanity's concerned.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just because you were born somewhere, doesn't make that the best place in the world...

Why so many people get all fired up with pride over "their country" of birth always puzzles me. You had no choice in the matter.

For goodness sake, I was born in America and most of us realise that is not the best place in the world.

Portugal is...

JJ :cool:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
, I thought it interesting to hear what the drivers were saying. Particularly about their fears of threats.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/58...ways-food-Port-of-Dover-law-migration-UKIP-EU

All they need is a few euros worth of German pepper spray, perfectly legal everywhere except the UK & Spain, of the type that directs a jet 3-5m. One spray will take out 20-30 in one hit. If they all kept 4 or 5 cans they would even bother attempting to get near the trucks. The only type that is legal in Spain is the one that emits a cloud of vapour. What most do is by the German one , A can of Spanish from the gun shop & then swop the spanish label on to the German can ! :) Or just buy 'Amoniaco' floor cleaner in litre bottles.:LOL:
How would you keep them out
Machine gun.(y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Know one thing for sure the welsh dont like it up em!..... believe me I have tried!

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I
Decent? Happy? Desperate? Naive? Ethical?

I haven't a clue but I do know one thing. All of them have shown that they are prepared to break the law to get what they want. That does not indicate that they will be model citizens if allowed to enter the UK illegally.

I also wonder if they would ever be in a position to contribute to society, pay tax, work other than in the black economy, pay for their own accommodation and food etc etc. should they reach these shores. I expect they will simply take what benefits they can as soon as they qualify including health care and be a burden on our already overstretched resources. Whilst insisting on special treatment and allowances for various cultural traditions they have left behind. Like treating women as little more than dirt and possessions. They will also no doubt want their own schools and places of worship too.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Spoke to a Nigerian cleaner on one of my sites ,I invited hi to give his opinion, he told me that he had a degree but it was not recognised in the UK so he was working as a cleaner , his words were I don't understand why people like me get the problems,I came here to work and build a life and hopefully a family , there are thousands of lazy British people working the benefits system and they are allowed to get away with it.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
And comparing these people to the travellers of ancient days who came here to etch a living from the land and support their own families just doesn't wash. There were no benefits then.
I feel sorry for these people and I support helping them.. In their own country. But I dont believe they should be able to travel through lots of other countries to get here and be allowed in.
I don't think that view is unreasonable and I don't think we should have to put up with being held to ransom over calais either. The French just need to deal with these people robustly.

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Spoke to a Nigerian cleaner on one of my sites ,I invited hi to give his opinion, he told me that he had a degree but it was not recognised in the UK so he was working as a cleaner , his words were I don't understand why people like me get the problems,I came here to work and build a life and hopefully a family , there are thousands of lazy British people working the benefits system and they are allowed to get away with it.

I would like to think that was true of the majority of those presently at Calais trying to get here.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If he came here legally, to make a positive contribution, good luck to him. If he broke the law to get here by bypassing the system then I can understand why he should have problems.
Solving the problem of lazy British people is a different matter. One which could be better funded if money was not being spent dealing with people who are prepared to break the law for their own ends (something which also applies to our home-grown criminals).

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
And comparing these people to the travellers of ancient days who came here to etch a living from the land and support their own families just doesn't wash. There were no benefits then.
I feel sorry for these people and I support helping them.. In their own country. But I dont believe they should be able to travel through lots of other countries to get here and be allowed in.
I don't think that view is unreasonable and I don't think we should have to put up with being held to ransom over calais either. The French just need to deal with these people robustly.

Yes, I think it's unreasonable of the French to blame the UK. The fact is these people, if they are genuinely trying to escape from whence they come should stay in the first country they land on which offers safety, which is not the UK. Not simply try to get to the country of their choice.

I would support helping them in their own country, but how could that be done. Many of the places they come from have little functioning government, few resources and are engaged in civil and tribal war as well as fighting among themselves they are also fighting religious groups who want to impose their own ways on them. Unless and until their countries have unified stable government with all that brings including proper defence the problem will not go away, only get worse. which is why the population of would be immigrants in Calais has doubled in the last year and there are now camps in the centre of Paris.

I am sorry to say it but I believe the EU and the UK are powerless to stop this rising tide of humanity and I am also sorry to say, "you ain't seen nothing yet" As the numbers of these groups becomes larger, violence and intimidation will probably increase in proportion to their desperation and all at the expense to indigenous populations of many towns and cities. Calais is just the beginning.

Last edited:
Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not just the French but the whole of the EU.
I watched news footage of people being rescued from the Med the other day and the happiness they expressed at being landed in Italy - because they knew that they had then overcome one of the biggest hurdles in reaching their destination of choice (UK or Germany in most cases apparently).
The illegal migrants know that people rescued are not sent back. The traffickers who exploit them also know that. Both are encouraged to continue by that knowledge. Only by returning them to the countries they sailed from will the message be driven home that they can not expect to profit by illegal migration.
It's all very well people suggesting quota systems but what happens when the quotas are reached? Add yet more quotas?
At the end of the day the peoples of the various countries of the world have to solve their own problems - with overseas aid support provided within those countries if necessary. There are no bottomless wells of tax income to support increasing numbers of illegal immigrants any more than there are to keep paying out increased welfare benefits for those who are able but refuse to support themselves.
That is simple economic reality and the sooner the fact is faced the sooner solutions can be developed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back