sp2mike

Free Member
Jun 20, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Having said hello in June I am now saying goodbye!

We followed the advice to try before buying and in mid September collected a 2 berth Mooveo 6 from Budget at Merthyr for a long weekend away.

I couldn't believe how much noise the thing made as we crashed down the badly maintained roads of Herefordshire and Gloucestershire on our mini travels. Having sailed for years, we know the art of stowage and of rough going and nothing came adrift but this was just horrible with great relief whenever we turned on to a major road.

Granted if we had our own MH no doubt we would be able to do something to tackle the noise but given what appeared to be a fairly poor build quality, short of an entire re-build, it was hard to see what would resolve the squeaks and rattles. In fact I was quite disappointed that a 10 plate vehicle with 36,000 miles on the clock looked so tired.

So thank you for enlightening me. The proof is in the pudding as they say and I will wish you all well.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
sorry to hear its not for you.

Have fun on your travels and in whatever you do.

Nothing stopping you joining us at Mersea Island if you fancy meeting up, they do statics and I always manage a discounted price.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
big difference between a boat on one big slow moving shock absorber (water) and a motorhome on 4 small fast acting hydraulic ones.

as you say its not for you, but at least you gave it a shot. :thumb:

good luck in whatever you do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Sadly the vehicle you hired is like planning to buy a rolls Royce and hiring A mondeo for the weekend to see if you like cars.

Mooveos are a budget van, no doubt and a well thrashed hire van with 36k is never going to give you the true pleasures of MHing.

It's something you have to grow in too to get the best results, I never hear road noise, Nikki is to busy being happy and singing to the radio full blast ::bigsmile:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Sounds like the wrong model, you can get rattles from cooker etc, easily rectified, sorry it was a big disappointment for you perhaps better to have gone on better roads until you had got use to it, I have to rememer I am not driving a car, so don`t take corner/bends in a hurry.::bigsmile:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
As Haganap said, Mooveos are not exactly the definitive of motorhoming and a Hire MH with 36K on is a bit like a hire car with over 100K - hammered and thrashed around by people who really don't care much as it is not theirs.
Seems a shame to write off MH due to a bad experience in a high mileage budget hire model, but each to their own and hope you are happier with other ventures. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back