Not exactly a first hello (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
This is not exactly a first hello as I have been a member here for some years. The purpose of my post is simply to say that after some thought I really think this is the best motorhome related site on the net, so I have renewed my subscription again.

I am a current member on another two motorhome sites, one is fine but the other, of which I have been a member for five years or so has degenerated to the point that I don't think I will renew when the rime comes.

Posts are mixed so that one cannot avoid seeing subjects one has no interest in and there is a hardcore of members who regularly hijack subjects when they have nothing to contribute, other than some irrelevant gossip or advice, sometimes well meaning, sometime not. Then there are those who regularly start threads with the obvious intention of causing augment just for the sake of it.

There seem to be more and more nonsense posts from the hardcore, which are obviously of interest only to them and one constantly has to separate the wheat from the chaff to the point where it is becoming boring to see a members avatar which one know will be accompanied by a nonsense, irrelevant or purposefully augmentative post.

With Motorhomefun because of the layout it is very easy to see straight away the motorhome related threads because non related threads are separated into the U Shaped Lounge and one does not have to go into this unless one wishes, although sometimes I am tempted.

I also think that the quality of replies to threads and advice given is of a higher standard and I do not think that members are purposefully starting threads designed to cause argument.

Sure, I have had the odd, perhaps robust disagreement on here, people cannot agree with everyone else all the time, but that is to be expected and I certainly would not cause upset, if I ever have, it was not intended.

So, sorry if this is a bit wordy, but all in all, I think this is the best motorhome forum for many reasons and I wanted to say why I have renewed with a thank you to members who make the site what it is.:thumb:

Ian.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So, sorry if this is a bit wordy, but all in all, I think this is the best motorhome forum for many reasons
Ian.

A forum is only as good as it's members, we all look forwards to what you contribute.

Think not what your forum can do for you, think what you can do for your forum.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Ian, thanks for the kind words - we have our moments just like any forum, but on the whole, its informative fun::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
a hardcore of members who regularly hijack subjects when they have nothing to contribute, other than some irrelevant gossip or advice, sometimes well meaning, sometime not. Then there are those who regularly start threads with the obvious intention of causing augment just for the sake of it.

There seem to be more and more nonsense posts from the hardcore, which are obviously of interest only to them and one constantly has to separate the wheat from the chaff to the point where it is becoming boring to see a members avatar which one know will be accompanied by a nonsense, irrelevant or purposefully augmentative post.

I enjoy Motorhome fun and agree with you, however the (edited) quote above applies here too I'd say :whatthe:

On the whole tho, I find this site the most useful and (dare I say it?) entertaining :winky:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I will repeat something that I have said in a previous post - I would still want to visit this forum even without a motorhome since it is so entertaining. As Hilldweller has said the forum is only as good as its members and we certainly have a good lot on here. In addition, like any organisation, the ethos comes from the top. In my opinion Jim makes an ideal leader. He ensures that the forum is conducted in an orderly manner with a minimum of interference but will quickly step in if people behave unreasonably. He always has the interests of the members at heart and must spend many many hours towards the smooth running of the 'club'that we have become. (Make the cheque out to me, Jim!) ::bigsmile:

Seriously I think we owe a great deal to Jim for just how good this forum is. :thumb:

Wyn

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
IT IS THE BEST BECAUSE IT HAS US ON IT :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This is not exactly a first hello as I have been a member here for some years. The purpose of my post is simply to say that after some thought I really think this is the best motorhome related site on the net, so I have renewed my subscription again.

I am a current member on another two motorhome sites, one is fine but the other, of which I have been a member for five years or so has degenerated to the point that I don't think I will renew when the rime comes.

Posts are mixed so that one cannot avoid seeing subjects one has no interest in and there is a hardcore of members who regularly hijack subjects when they have nothing to contribute, other than some irrelevant gossip or advice, sometimes well meaning, sometime not. Then there are those who regularly start threads with the obvious intention of causing augment just for the sake of it.

With Motorhomefun because of the layout it is very easy to see straight away the motorhome related threads because non related threads are separated into the U Shaped Lounge and one does not have to go into this unless one wishes, although sometimes I am tempted.

I also think that the quality of replies to threads and advice given is of a higher standard and I do not think that members are purposefully starting threads designed to cause argument.

Sure, I have had the odd, perhaps robust disagreement on here, people cannot agree with everyone else all the time, but that is to be expected and I certainly would not cause upset, if I ever have, it was not intended.

So, sorry if this is a bit wordy, but all in all, I think this is the best motorhome forum for many reasons and I wanted to say why I have renewed with a thank you to members who make the site what it is.:thumb:

Ian.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back