Not everthing should be Black & White (1 Viewer)

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Most vans are coloured white with a varying amount of graphics newer models having grey side panels and coloured cabs but given the choice would you opt for a fully coloured van.

Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Lime Green with yellow accents!! or some sort of pattern/mural coverings. I would love one that looks like a giant Ed Hardy Tattoo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Candy phoenix blue fading to white about two thirds up, with white graphics on the blue

This blue:

Broken Link Removed

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
many many tears ago it was common to see caravans and motor vans in a fetching shade of green. this was to help camouflage them into the countryside

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Candy phoenix blue fading to white about two thirds up, with white graphics on the blue

This blue:

Broken Link Removed
That looks my Honda blackbird blue. My van would also look good with some of that on it.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
many many tears ago it was common to see caravans and motor vans in a fetching shade of green. this was to help camouflage them into the countryside
Might have helped if they had asked an expert or two. As I suspect a few of the ex-military on here will confirm, green is about the last colour to use if you want something to disappear into the background in the countryside. It was something my dad told me he'd been taught around 1941 & when I worked in Cumberland (as it then was) in the early 70s, it was brought home forcibly to me because all those ghastly green statics just leapt off the landscape at you - especially the dark green ones.

I suppose a whole site of statics with full camouflage paintwork might not get the best booking figures. Would the punters ever find their van on the way back from the bar - assuming they found the site in the first place?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That looks my Honda blackbird blue. My van would also look good with some of that on it.
Spot on.. Colour code PB284-C (y)

Had three or four in that colour ( 3 x y2k ones and a 1999 one )

trouble is, as you proly know, that colour is a 3 shot jobby.. But there is a Triumph and believe it or not an Ovlov colour that is VERY close indeed

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I like white because it reflects the sun the best keeping you cooler in the summer. I would settle for silver as a second best though. Any other colour is a no no in my book.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I also prefer the reflective qualities of white in summer, and when driving at night. I suspect colour is also a factor in some buying decisions so opting for non-white could limit your potential buyers when the time comes to sell.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back