Not Charging

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by kickstart, Jul 24, 2010.

1. kickstart

kickstart Funster

Can anyone help, I've plugged in at home after our last trip as normal and the light on the control panel lit up as normal but just been out to it and its gone off,no power, changed fuse in plug and tried a different 240v socket in the house still no power any one any idea what to check next ? its a Burstner T641 Avante Garde on A Fiat Ducato 2.8

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Plug something into a 240V socket to see if any power inside.

3. kickstart

kickstart Funster

Well blow me, yes Brian,just took kettle out and it does what does this mean ?

4. sedge

sedge Funster

The wire's fallen off the LED on the control panel??? (I'd say the bulb has gone, but aren't bulbs these days are they?)

5. kickstart

kickstart Funster

I was thinking that myself,will check in morning thanks :Smile:

6. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Does your motorhome have a Schaudt Elektroblock charger and 12 volt distribution unit? If yes then it is probable that the charger has died due to a voltage spike. They are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations and if it happens it also knocks out the 240V indicator light on the control panel. If this is the case you will need to remove the EBL and send it off to Schaudt in Germany who will repair it and return it. We did one for a customer a few months back and it took a couple of weeks and cost about £250. If this is what's happened I reccomend you fit the Schaudt OVP 01 to prevent it happening again. We have the OVP 01 in stock at £84.64 inc VAT.

D.

7. kickstart

kickstart Funster

Well as the kettle worked,the fridge is on and its only the 230v light on the control panel not coming on I'll not be paying £250 and another £84.64 thanks Dave .

8. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

I think you missed my point, voltage spikes can and do take out the charger side of the Elektroblock and the 240V indicator light on the control panel but leave all other 240V circuits working which is pretty much what you described. IF you have an Elektroblock, which is a distinct possibility with yours being a Burstner, then my best guess is this is what's happened. So you see you might still have to fork out a few hundred quid for Schaudt to repair your system, if that is what you have.

I'm not touting for work I'm just trying to help and give you the advice you were looking for. If you do have an Elektroblock then the OVP 01 is money well spent as it prevents this happening in future and you can buy them direct from Schaudt.

Regards, D.

9. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Then you'll have to buy a standard leisure battery charger and fit it. Cost £100 or so. You should be able to feed it into the Schaudt eletroblock via the solar charger connector. Or fit direct to the battery and lose the link to charge the starter battery.

10. kickstart

kickstart Funster

thanks Dave I appreciate your advise, I understand little about electricity but you have helped me understand the problem, and if that is what must be done,so be it.

Brians advise would make sense cost wise,but would it be safe and efective ?