Not brand new but been away for a while (1 Viewer)

Helga

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi There
I joined this site sometime last year (I think) and got lots of useful advice. Unfortunately all our plans came abruptly to a halt, when I was rather suddenly diagnosed, 3 days before my 50th birthday, with myeloma an un-curable blood cancer that lurks in the bone marrow. Now after a number of chemo sessions and a good 7 months later, I am out of the woods and ready to get started again. The cancer is dormant and so I am in remission until the nasty things dare to appear again!

The good news is that, we have had to evaluate the things that are important to us, and as I am being pushed into taking early retirement due to ill health, we will have plenty of time on our hands although finances will be tight.

We love our old 1992 Hymer, Helga and hope to head out to find some sunshine in our winter months so we will be looking for ideas and tips for finding the best sunshine in Dec/Jan

So Hello again from Deborah and Colin aka Helga :Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome back deborah, I'm pleased to hear you are in remission. A run to the sun every winter will help keep you in good health and good spirits so no looking back now, only forward and enjoy.:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Welcome back to Fun Deborah, glad to hear that you are in remission and that early retirement is on its way.:thumb: Get Helga out on the road and enjoy. :Cool:

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
hi

Hi There
I joined this site sometime last year (I think) and got lots of useful advice. Unfortunately all our plans came abruptly to a halt, when I was rather suddenly diagnosed, 3 days before my 50th birthday, with myeloma an un-curable blood cancer that lurks in the bone marrow. Now after a number of chemo sessions and a good 7 months later, I am out of the woods and ready to get started again. The cancer is dormant and so I am in remission until the nasty things dare to appear again!

The good news is that, we have had to evaluate the things that are important to us, and as I am being pushed into taking early retirement due to ill health, we will have plenty of time on our hands although finances will be tight.

We love our old 1992 Hymer, Helga and hope to head out to find some sunshine in our winter months so we will be looking for ideas and tips for finding the best sunshine in Dec/Jan

So Hello again from Deborah and Colin aka Helga :Smile:
hi Helga best wi
shes welcome back

Pamelaaar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2009
The Tropical Bar, Benidorm.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
Welcome back to Fun, Deborah. Glad to hear that you are now in remission. Wishing you many years of sunshine and laughter in Helga.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Welcome back and glad that your health is on the up. As others have said being away in the MH will do you both the world of good - happy travels.

Kath and Howie

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Sounds a bit of a cliche but an illness like that does make you re-evaluate your life and focus on getting as much out of the time in front of you as you can. Not always easy if work and finances get in the way but grab what fun you can while you can. I am! :thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Helga, we know how you feel.... i wrote my signature comment after my wife came through chemo in a manner i never ever expected of her.

she too is now in remission, and we also made some fairly drastic and important choices.

life is too short not to make the most of it when you can if you can.

good luck :thumb:

Last edited:

littlehouse

Free Member
Jan 25, 2011
Decize France
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Driver 52
Exp
welcome back glad your feeling better happy travelling:thumb: