Not another 'Route to Spain' post! (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I know, there are loads of posts about this :cry: but I can't sem to find what I'm looking for!

We have only been the once, back in 2013, couldn't go last year due to broken achilles and pug dog attack...another story (n)

The last time we went a popular route, avoiding tolls as wanted to take or time. The roads were great, except for a one or two places where in Spain I was told "it would have been better jumping to the toll road for that bit". Trouble is, I can't remember where that was now, so come on, help me out please!

Our route was:
Calais to Rouen
Chartres
Orleans
Chateauroux
Limoges
Brive
Cahors
Toulous
Narbonne

(y)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
From Toulouse you can drive to Cambrils on the Med non toll through the Vielha (spelling) tunnel!
Good road non toll all the way no probs lots of lorries use this route.
We overnighted at Ponte Serte great location but VERY cold in November.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It would also depend on Where In Spain you are heading for.. if it's Valencia southwards then the "western route" would be better.. Look in the Resources section i have placed a file in there for that route.,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
From Toulouse you can drive to Cambrils on the Med non toll through the Vielha (spelling) tunnel!

We came back that way in 2013 through the tunnel and it's a great wonderfully scenic route. Would it be a wise way to go down at end Feb though, thinking about snow and road conditions?

It would also depend on Where In Spain you are heading for.. if it's Valencia southwards then the "western route" would be better.. Look in the Resources section i have placed a file in there for that route.,

Towards Valencia and the Javea area so I'll take a look in resources, thanks

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
End of Feb i would go from Toulouse via Le Boulou (spelling) on the border good aire there free!

Then along the Med, again good road and toll free.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back