Not a motorhome to store, but a Berlingo van - near London?? (1 Viewer)

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Hi gang,

I'm letting my rented flat go and am planning a good 8-9 months of motorhoming on the continent come this Christmas. I need a safe, inexpensive place to leave my little work van while I'm away. I don't have family in the UK and most of my friends are London-based (ergo, no easy parking).

Any ideas, suggestions/recommendations within an hour or two of London?

Thanks in advance!!

Jacquie

westy407

Free Member
Nov 17, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner aviano i727
Exp
2 years
Hi

We store our motorhome at Barnfield storage near Braintree Essex, it's a secure site and costs us less than a tenner a week and It take about 45 minutes into East London .

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Hi

We store our motorhome at Barnfield storage near Braintree Essex, it's a secure site and costs us less than a tenner a week and It take about 45 minutes into East London .

Thanks for that westy407,

Sounds very reasonable indeed, and they take different types of vehicles too. Will look into it!

Jacquie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Is Sandwich too far away?
There is a farm there where you could leave the berlingo under cover.
And leave the Motorhome there when away in the small van
If its any good will try to find the farmers contact details.

Mel

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
All good thanks! Mel, I would love the details of that farm if you come across them. I worry a bit about mice chewing away at the insulated wires etc on a farm, but perhaps I will stumble on a way to avoid that. Assured looks good too ZP - nice to have a choice!
Thanks guys

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I worry a bit about mice chewing away at the insulated wires etc on a farm, but perhaps I will stumble on a way to avoid that.

I would strongly suggest the swiftest most lethal way of sending them to meet their maker - I've had MH wiring chewed by rodents on rural storage sites. There are numerous MHF threads on this topic. Traps have a limited value once they're sprung and you're away for a long time. Bait blocks might be a better option, including outside the van near the obvious access point, which is the front wheels. I've found the best option here is to suspend a good few of them on wire inside a wide plastic rainproof container with an entry hole cut in it. The small containers you see in B&Q et al can easily get bunged up with expired rodents.

Your van's battery will go flat during that time unless you take it out and arrange for it to be trickle charged somewhere. You can get a small solar top up charger that you put in the windscreen but I'd question whether that would work over winter.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If I was you I would sell the Berlingo and buy another on your return -save the headache-they are cheap enough and would prob loose more than the storage costs in a year -ish
terry

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
If I was you I would sell the Berlingo and buy another on your return -save the headache-they are cheap enough and would prob loose more than the storage costs in a year -ish
terry
I've got good reasons for hanging on to it, thanks. It will also serve as a storage container for other things saving me money on that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back