BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm off on a 2 week cruise tomorrow to Norway to hopefully see the Aurora Borealis. I am cruising instead of using the van as the cost of livng in Norway makes the cruise (full board & drinks at UK restaurant prices) quite attractive. Unfortunately the cost of wi-fi on the boat is £1 per minute so I don't intend using it.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Excellent. I need to make that trip one day soon. Have a good one Bob:thumb:

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
I'm off on a 2 week cruise tomorrow to Norway to hopefully see the Aurora Borealis. I am cruising instead of using the van as the cost of livng in Norway makes the cruise (full board & drinks at UK restaurant prices) quite attractive. Unfortunately the cost of wi-fi on the boat is £1 per minute so I don't intend using it.

Hi Bob
Check out the lines of Motorhomes on the Fjiord sides looks like you want to be one of the campers, then you wander down to the restaurant and realize why sometimes a change is a good thing, did the trip 2 years ago loved it
Have a good time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've been planning to do Norway for the past 2 years, in the motorhome not a cruise, but every year something else crops up, Alaska this year. But next we're going to definitly try our best to do it with motorhome and m/bike.:Smile:
Have a great trip be nice if you could post some pics:thumb:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp

A great trip you will have, the choice you made is good, as being the pound is very weak at this moment, the fjiords seen from this ship are spectacular,and as for the Aurora Borealis,``Northen lights´´the display is amazing and natural, 2nights ago we had amazing and wonderful show,for around 1and half hour,so enjoy your trip and enjoy, Regards Alf.:thumb:

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
We took a cruise a little earlier in the year than this a couple of years ago. If the temperature is low enough you will get a good show, we waited a couple of hours in -20 clear sky conditions and were rewarded a great show lasting a couple of hours. We Saw ours from a mountain top outside Alta. Check out Glod Alta on facebook for some of the latest Pictures.

The cruise we took was amazing and so worth the money. I would recommend anyone go on a cruise to Norway. Its an amazing country.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back