Dec 8, 2012
Kent
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi All,

We are planning a trip to Norway total 21 nights driving from Dunkirk and returning via there. Can anyone give some tips on best route up to Norway, cost of tolls for our 10.4 mtre mirada, best touring route once in norway for fjords and waterfalls etc, again bearing in mind the size of our rigs, wht are the roads like in Norway. We have a 16 year old and a 13 year old in tow as well, so maybe some theme parks for them as well. This is our first long range trip and any advice would be welcome.

Paul & Deb

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Snowbird (Dave) and Onderweg (Paul) both travel there most years, I know dave is offline for a while but will no doubt reply to this thread when he is able. Paul is Dutch , speaks impeccable English and may be found in the chatroom most evenings around 11pm onwards They are both fishermen and both economical in their travelling so will know the cheapest way to go.
I do know food etc is very expencive in Norway and most people take everything but fish with them.

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Paul and Deb,

Answered some questions about Scandinavia before so here some links that could be of help.

Suggestions for the trip to Scandinavia

And here another one

And here for driving in Sweden/Norway

In general, early June is the best time for starting a trip in Scandinavia. The days are getting longer and chances for bad weather are low.

The Camping Card Scandinavia mentioned in one of the threads does not exist any longer it has been replaced by the Camping Key Europe which is also used in Holland and many other countries.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask

Hope this can be of help

Paul and Ineke

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The road tolls in Norway will be sent to you via the post (at no extra charge) so there is no need to register to pay in advance. The only real expensive you are likely to find is if you get as far up as the Fjords, when the Ferrys start to get expensive. I know for a vehicle which is 10m the prices is 4x for that of a car, my prices only went up to 10m so I'm not sure what happened when you got larger!

For reference 100NOK is £11.
ferrycrop.png

You can even drive on Norway's most famous road, the Trollstigen Pass, upto 13m length - so the only thing that would prevent you would be your confidence to take it on! Here is a video we took:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBnINmV7tUw"]Driving Down Trollstigen Pass Norway - 28th May 2011 (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

A great website about all the "Tourist Veg" or Tourist Roads is here (check out the eBook, it's fantastic!) - this will be the best resource you can ask for to plan your trip.
Link Removed

And our blog covering our own time in Norway is here:
http://www.europebycamper.com/search/label/Norway

Theme parks? Not my cup of tea. You could try Lego Land in Denmark en-route though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back