Norway,time to consider driving south (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
ArcticKris,

We just loved Norway. It is the most impressive county that we have ever been to and has set such a high benchmark that it is a 'difficult act to follow'

How I envy you living there (y)

It is a little on the - ahem - expensive side.....

Seconded, and the people are great too!(y) In four winters in the eighties we were shown generosity of all kinds by all sorts of people in all sorts of situations. (Lots of allsorts there but I am a Bassett:D)

Absolutely - I loved it when I ran our business there (Oslo) as much as I hated working in Sweden........ Various reasons for that, but still in contact with some of my Norwegian ex work colleagues

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
It is a little on the - ahem - expensive side.....

Absolutely - I loved it when I ran our business there (Oslo) as much as I hated working in Sweden........ Various reasons for that, but still in contact with some of my Norwegian ex work colleagues

Can't agree more I still have friends in Bergen (wettest place in the Western Hemisphere bar NONE!) from my time there in the eighties. Can't wait to get back the year after next. I find the Swedes less generous and a bit starchy but they build BV 206's so they can't all be bad! (They also build Vo#vo's aaaaargh!):)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Can't agree more I still have friends in Bergen (wettest place in the Western Hemisphere bar NONE!) from my time there in the eighties. Can't wait to get back the year after next. I find the Swedes less generous and a bit starchy but they build BV 206's so they can't all be bad! (They also build Vo#vo's aaaaargh!):)

Oooh! Only the Swedes could think of using a Ford v6 to power an over snow vehicle!
The newer diesel version did break down less though!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Oooh! Only the Swedes could think of using a Ford v6 to power an over snow vehicle!
The newer diesel version did break down less though!

Never mind the engine, it was the blown air heating I loved!(y)(y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Bergen......lovely place when it isn't raining! Last time there was December a few years ago. Horizontal driving rain for 5 days and about 4 hours of "daylight" each day.

Did eat whale for the one and only time.........a French colleague described the toughness as like eating Moby's dick :eek: I bowed to her superior knowledge and excellent sense of humour(y)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Bergen......lovely place when it isn't raining! Last time there was December a few years ago. Horizontal driving rain for 5 days and about 4 hours of "daylight" each day.
Did eat whale for the one and only time.........a French colleague described the toughness as like eating Moby's dick :eek: I bowed to her superior knowledge and excellent sense of humour(y)

The mind boggles, but French ladies have so much more 'savoir faire' than do ours.:notworthy: (allegedly of course!)(y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
.........and she was one of our corporate internal auditors, a species of bookworm not renowned for their sense of humour.;)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
.........and she was one of our corporate internal auditors, a species of bookworm not renowned for their sense of humour.;)

Haven't subjected myself to Whale yet but the Lingonberry spirit I was tortured with once was enough. Smiling whilst drinking turps that's been strained through J Edgar Hoovers underpants is difficult to say the least.:)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Haven't subjected myself to Whale yet but the Lingonberry spirit I was tortured with once was enough. Smiling whilst drinking turps that's been strained through J Edgar Hoovers underpants is difficult to say the least.:)
Been to Finland, then? Or was it Noggie home brew from a cabin in the mountains?

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Been to Finland, then? Or was it Noggie home brew from a cabin in the mountains?

Our senior liaison officer was a (true) gentleman of the old school called Colonel Strom. His wife made the spirit in a shed out the back and he swore that it kept him alive when he was a young man fighting the Alpen Korps across the Brandset pass in the forties. For me it was something akin to a month of listening to James Last in a darkened room whilst smiling:cry:.............continually!:D

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
His wife made the spirit in a shed out the back

Just like just about every other Norwegian then. Used to amuse the hell out of me to see the "flavourings" that you could buy in the supermarket, whose sole purpose was to be added to the hooch

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

I have been to Norway and Sweden many times but I have never set foot (even accidently) in Finland (now Russia near Grense Jakobselv is a different matter!;))

OP
OP
ArcticKris

ArcticKris

Free Member
Jul 5, 2014
North Norway
Funster No
MH
Kabe Travel Master i910 Q
Exp
Since 1990
Absolutely nothing to do with MH but just want to show you guys/Girls what we have to put up with,bloody idiot East Europeans trying so hard to work in a hostile enviroment,some poor soul soon will be wiped out by these scroats,
ee.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back