LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
When we return from Morocco in April I will not have much time to plan for our trip up to Norway in the beginning of June, so if anyone is interested in some of the best sea fishing in the world and would like to join us you have time to prepare and do some research.
I stay at Flakstad vag camping on the isle of Senja who have a website if you Google it.
Boats can be hired from here, but you will need your own rods although big perks can be bought up there. If you have no interest in fishing Norway is a great place for motorhomes as wilding is the excepted form of camping everywhere.
If anyone is interested please keep the end of May in mind,as I like to take my time driving up and arrive around the second or third week of June.

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
The Vodka Beer and Wine are ridiculous if you like a drink,
and dont bother taking your own you wont be able to afford
the import duty they will charge you.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
regards
Steve

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Steve, I know about Norwegian prices having been up there several times. I dont buy anything in Norway as I take everything with me. I generally pay for my boathire with Spanish spirit. Have never been stopped by customs as I dont use the Nordcap route. I prefer to travel up via Sweden and cross the border on less known routes. Your advice is good though for anyone contemplating going up there.
Unfortunately Norway is a VERY expensive country to visit.
If anyone prefers fluff chucking to sea fishing Scandinavia is as good as it gets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi Steve, I know about Norwegian prices having been up there several times. I dont buy anything in Norway as I take everything with me. I generally pay for my boathire with Spanish spirit. Have never been stopped by customs as I dont use the Nordcap route. I prefer to travel up via Sweden and cross the border on less known routes. Your advice is good though for anyone contemplating going up there.
Unfortunately Norway is a VERY expensive country to visit.
If anyone prefers fluff chucking to sea fishing Scandinavia is as good as it gets.

What your self if you plan Germany in to Sweden or Denmark into Sweden as the border controls are getting tighter,too many eastern blockers smuggling, and to my reason the North cap Route is way too north to enter Norway even by boat,but enjoy your time in Norway , Alf:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just got some prices from DFDS end of May 2013, Harwich=Esbjerg, motorhome up to 7 metres with 2 people £130 plus £144 for a 2 berth cabin which unfortunately is compulsory. I don't think I could drive round for that sort of money with the cost of the Dover-Dunkirk ferry and fuel.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Go Direct

Just got some prices from DFDS end of May 2013, Harwich=Esbjerg, motorhome up to 7 metres with 2 people £130 plus £144 for a 2 berth cabin which unfortunately is compulsory. I don't think I could drive round for that sort of money with the cost of the Dover-Dunkirk ferry and fuel.

Of course you could miss out the going home bit after Moroco and save the cost of both ferry crossings. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000