Free Member
Jul 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
1 year
Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate any help you can offer with planning a trip this summer. My off road campervan is just under 7 metres and around 7 tonnes. I'm booked on the Denmark ferry late July and intend making my way north and taking a ferry to Norway.

Will I need to book the ferry and camp sites in advance? If so how much notice would you allow? I guess the smaller ferries along the coast road won't need to be booked but will I have any trouble getting on in high season?

Thank you so much for reading this.

Nigel

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Not only will you not need to book a campsite in Norway, you will not need one as everyone wilds it up there.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
It will be steaming in July as the whole of Norway is on holiday............... but..........as Snowbird says you can wild camp everywhere :D

We just got back from Norway last week.............ITS AWESOME :):):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We might see you there as we head up that way next Thursday.

OP
OP
N

Nigel

Free Member
Jul 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
1 year
Many thanks for the replies.

Lorger, are you pre-booking campsites and ferries?

Any experience with the ferries? Denmark to Norway, Sweden to Finland and Finland to Estonia.

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.

Any experience with the ferries? Denmark to Norway, Sweden to Finland and Finland to Estonia.

Drive, Drive Drive! The journey is amazing. Denmark through Copenhagen across the Orosund Bridge and up the A81 (I think) to Oslo and then anywhere you like.

A wonderful trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

Hi Nigel the only ferry we have booked is the outward and return, we plan on getting the ferry to Malmo from Germany then getting the bus or train to Copenhagen for a day out. We haven't booked any sites we will just find them as we need them, we have bought the Nordic camper stops book and well worth the £15 by the looks of it. We will either get the ferry back from Norway to Denmark or Sweden to Denmark depending where we end up.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Don't forget to visit and travel the Vildmarksvägen, well worth it for the views and beauty ,the whole route takes you on a tour of around 500km well worth it, Regards Alf and M

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back