Norway and Sweden

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Nigel, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Nigel

Nigel Read Only Funster

Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate any help you can offer with planning a trip this summer. My off road campervan is just under 7 metres and around 7 tonnes. I'm booked on the Denmark ferry late July and intend making my way north and taking a ferry to Norway.

Will I need to book the ferry and camp sites in advance? If so how much notice would you allow? I guess the smaller ferries along the coast road won't need to be booked but will I have any trouble getting on in high season?

Thank you so much for reading this.

Nigel

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Not only will you not need to book a campsite in Norway, you will not need one as everyone wilds it up there.

3. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

It will be steaming in July as the whole of Norway is on holiday............... but..........as Snowbird says you can wild camp everywhere :D

We just got back from Norway last week.............ITS AWESOME :):):)

4. lorger

lorger Funster

We might see you there as we head up that way next Thursday.

5. Nigel

Nigel Read Only Funster

Many thanks for the replies.

Lorger, are you pre-booking campsites and ferries?

Any experience with the ferries? Denmark to Norway, Sweden to Finland and Finland to Estonia.

6. cydersyd

cydersyd Funster

Drive, Drive Drive! The journey is amazing. Denmark through Copenhagen across the Orosund Bridge and up the A81 (I think) to Oslo and then anywhere you like.

A wonderful trip.

7. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Nigel the only ferry we have booked is the outward and return, we plan on getting the ferry to Malmo from Germany then getting the bus or train to Copenhagen for a day out. We haven't booked any sites we will just find them as we need them, we have bought the Nordic camper stops book and well worth the £15 by the looks of it. We will either get the ferry back from Norway to Denmark or Sweden to Denmark depending where we end up.

8. alfandM

alfandM Funster

Don't forget to visit and travel the Vildmarksvägen, well worth it for the views and beauty ,the whole route takes you on a tour of around 500km well worth it, Regards Alf and M