Northumberland coast over May holiday (1 Viewer)

poolie18

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohawk
Exp
Getting longer
Thinking of coming up on Sunday is there plenty of room at the moment?

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Yes, plenty of room at the moment. You might want to just check with the steward before setting off on Sunday. I'll look up their mobile number for you.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Well, we've arrived at the Beadnell THS and are parked up at the far end of the field next to another Hobby. :)
The Craster Arms pub in the village has decent meals and serves a good pint (y)(y), will probably have some entertainment on over the weekend.

Reactions: maz

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The Motor Caravan Section Northern Area has what are (to me anyway) very sensible rules on generator use:
  • Generators/Engines may be only used between 10:00 - 12:00 hrs, 16:00 - 18:00hrs for a 1hr period & 16:00 - 19:00 hrs October to March, Generators must be on the habitation side of the user,
  • NO INDUSTRIAL GENERATORS ALLOWED.
I especially like "Generators must be on the habitation side of the user" - which should stop some of our brethren from stinking out the rest of us :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Let us know when you arrive, Norman. We've already met up with 'The Happy Couple' - Sharon and Godfrey. (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The Motor Caravan Section Northern Area has what are (to me anyway) very sensible rules on generator use:

I especially like "Generators must be on the habitation side of the user" - which should stop some of our brethren from stinking out the rest of us :D

Totally agree Graham. If we didn't have to use it we wouldn't.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Totally agree Graham. If we didn't have to use it we wouldn't.
Hopefully people would be sensible enough to allow leeway when someone has a medical need.
It's the people who use a genny for hours just to watch telly and point the exhaust away from them and at their neighbours who annoy me :)

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Been in the C&CC forever, never occurred to me to use a THS. Why, I don't know, they sound like the dogs b*****ks. Cheap, in good locations, same facilities as most Aires etc we've used. Going to check one out asap.
Korean meatballs, now they really are the dogs b*****ks. Scrumptious, ruff ruff.:D

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
You have to be a member of the Camping & Caravanning Club to use them. They are listed in each monthly magazine and details are in the Members Area of their web site.

Incidentally, what part of Tees-side are you in?

It may be a club rule Graham but for a para 4 exemption, anyone can use it with the club and landowners agreement.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
There is a C&CC seasonal site on the corner as you reach Beadnell Beach. Anstead Farm runs a caravan site behind the farm house, a bit further along towards Seahouses. Is there also a THS site there this weekend?

poolie18

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohawk
Exp
Getting longer
There is a C&CC seasonal site on the corner as you reach Beadnell Beach. Anstead Farm runs a caravan site behind the farm house, a bit further along towards Seahouses. Is there also a THS site there this weekend?

Yes John it's in a field in between the two of them.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It may be a club rule Graham but for a para 4 exemption, anyone can use it with the club and landowners agreement.
Absolutely John. I documented my discussions with Natural England Here and recall your help and input at the time.

According to the CC their rule is justified because "Quite a lot of members complain to us that owners do not ask to see their cards. They like to know that CLs are for their exclusive use!". I bet those who complain are outweighed by those who don't though :LOL: The CC also says of its rule "This is a condition of your certificate, breach of which could also put your cover at risk should a claim arise under your public liability insurance.". I note the use of the word "could" in that sentence and assume it would depend how restrictive the wording of the insurance policy was.

I am aware that some CL owners like to know that the people who stay are CC members but, basically, the CC (and the C&CC) are protecting their membership income stream, knowing full well that many members would leave if the CLs/CSs were open to all.

EDIT - Sorry, I was getting mixed up with CLs/CSs there. As far as I know, though, the clubs do insist that non-members are only allowed as guests of members and not on their own. We were at a THS at Rhos on Sea a few weeks ago which displayed the usual "Members only, you can join here" type of sign.

EDIT 2 - The C&CC say of THSs "You are also welcome to bring non-members along who can stay in your unit for a small fee. Or they can join on site, enabling them to also experience life in the Friendly Club."

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back