capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Well finally home after huge delay on A34 near Oxford. Still, it was sunny!!!

Thank you Sean and Jim for your generous hospitality with all those cakes and bacon butties and to you and everyone else for making the event such great fun.

Seems some people are blaming my chair for the rain (you know who you are:RollEyes:) so I will not be taking it to the Western Show just to be on the safe side:cry:

What makes these Funster meets special is the fact that you may be on your own, but you are not alone.:thumb:

Stuart

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Well finally home after huge delay on A34 near Oxford. Still, it was sunny!!!

Thank you Sean and Jim for your generous hospitality with all those cakes and bacon butties and to you and everyone else for making the event such great fun.

Seems some people are blaming my chair for the rain (you know who you are:RollEyes:) so I will not be taking it to the Western Show just to be on the safe side:cry:

What makes these Funster meets special is the fact that you may be on your own, but you are not alone.:thumb:

Stuart

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Im saying nothing, but you know it was noticed that everytime that chair came out the sun went in, it was nice to meet you Stuart.(ps. its ok to take the chair to the western we wont be there)

maggie

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you Jim and Sian for a great weekend and for looking after us so well
with all the cakes and bacon butties

Great meeting up with the funster's again :thumb::thumb:

Paul you have to practice your rain dance more !

John and Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Another Fantastic Weekend with the Funsters!

Thanks Jim and Sian for all the work you've put in again! Cakes, Bacon butties and superb organisation!:roflmto:

Thanks also to Ash for all his hard work on our van - what a star!!:thumb:

Did anyone notice how the weather cheered up after Jim and Sian left the area???:ROFLMAO:
It was positively tropical by the time we left at 11.45!:ROFLMAO:

Lovely to see lots of old friends and make lots of new ones too - last night's show was amazing - not to mention all the entertainment on the FunField!:ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Got back home from Knutsford earlier this afternoon. Thanks to all for another great weekend, especially to Jim and Sian for bacon butties and cake above the call of duty.

Great to see old friends and nice to meet so many who we've only "met" on the forum previously.

I just hope the future meets aren't so expensive. Spending 1100 quid when we meant to spend very little isn't a habit I can afford too often :roflmto:

Graham

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Really just to echo everything that's been said already - thanks to everyone for making it such a memorable weekend, and special thanks to Jim & Sian for their hospitality
The 'old boy' is safely back in Scotland - last seen clambering into a cab for the airport, clutching a handful of scribbled notes and muttering something about fashion statements, red indians and blogs (or was it cowboys & indians? who knows... ) anyway, I suspect the little laptop might need a new keyboard by now!
Again, thanks to all involved :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Cheers for all the posts re Knutsford that really underline what fun I missed.

Still, watching the sun slip slowly behind the rolling hills here in Portugal and knowing it will be back out tomorrow does go a little way to easing my pain...

See you at Malvern...

JJ :Smile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Another great Funster meet. Again, many thanks to Sian and Jim for all of their hard work in making the weekend such a success. It was great to meet some 'old' friends and to meet new ones. Confession now, yes it was us that flew the flag upside down (thanks Neil, for a quiet bloke you know how to wield the proverbial stilletto) :cry::ROFLMAO:

More thanks to Laneside who was responsible for the death of millions more of my brain cells. He took me unawares by bringing back the gift of whiskey I gave him for making me a walking stick and forcing me to drink it!

Last nights entertainment was exceptional - I really believed it was Buddy Holly!

Howie and Kath

Ps Kath says sorry for not saying cherio to you all last night but she was toxic with the cold!:tears:

PPS Alan, we have had the air suspension fitted so can visit top car park!:thumb:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I had this terrible dream last night - I was at a Funsters' meet watching some tribute band and despite my best efforts I got persuaded to join in something called 'd..a..n..c..i..n..g', just as Chuck Berry appeared.

So there I was...it was like John Travolta had arrived.....:yeah:

...but unfortunately not the Saturday Night Fever guy, just some bloke with two left feet and no sense of rhythm. :help:

I thought I could leave after one number but every time I tried my escape route was blocked and Chuck was into his next number. The longest 5 minutes of my life...when would it end...

.....sorry...what's that?

.....I wasn't dreaming?

Oh :censored:2....my humiliation is complete!:Doh:

---
Seriously though....thanks to everyone for making my first meet such a great experience, from the moment the little van's tyres crossed into the Funsters' zone on Friday to the moment it left today. I was going to thank some of you again individually here, but the long drives and lack of sleep are causing brain fade and I'm likely to forget some names and feel terrible afterwards.

So....:thanks: again everyone (Jim and Sian - sorry, didn't get the chance to say thanks this morning for organising it all and the fantastic bacon butties).

And as for those individuals who got me 'dancing' - including the ones who remained sitting or who sneaked away between numbers.....thanks a bunch! :swear: :winky:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hmmm...Neil, perhaps it was the beer-goggles, but I could have sworn you looked like you were enjoying yourself on the dance floor!!!

You certainly seemed to be looking forward to learning how to line-dance at Malvern - and I have witnesses :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What with Haganap singing in tune and you having fun dancing, I think that some Funsters were weaving magic spells on Sunday night. :roflmto:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Cheers for all the posts re Knutsford that really underline what fun I missed.

Still, watching the sun slip slowly behind the rolling hills here in Portugal and knowing it will be back out tomorrow does go a little way to easing my pain...

See you at Malvern...

JJ :Smile:

Feeling just the same JJ.....:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Don't even know what bacon butties are! I guess Jim and family will never attend Shepton Mallet meet , So i never get a chance to know! That is not fair Jim:shout:!::bigsmile::winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Hmmm...Neil, perhaps it was the beer-goggles, but I could have sworn you looked like you were enjoying yourself on the dance floor!!!

Hmmm....maybe a bit ::bigsmile:. But that didn't stop me looking like a right wally, hence the need to exit. Hopefully the floor was so packed nobody took pictures :pray:

Good music though....even if most of it was before my time (now I'm in trouble) hardhat

You certainly seemed to be looking forward to learning how to line-dance at Malvern - and I have witnesses
Those aren't witnesses....they're co-conspirators!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
There you go Frankie a Great British Breakfast Bap or Buttie::bigsmile:

Link Removed

Now i 'm sure you do it on purpose:cry::cry: if you think that not coming to Shepton makes you safe with your butties.....well let me tell you young man you are not going to get rid of me so simple! how did you know i could eat hundreds of those???? Rooooooger!!!! you've been talking again!!!!
For now on Jim.... keep an eye behind you .... one day i'll be just there .... and will eat them all :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto: (better find my tablets to get my stomac prepared for such a food orgy:RollEyes::RollEyes:)

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just got round to reading all the responses in this thread. Thanks very much. We had a great time too. The first time Sian and I got away on our own (child free) in the motorhome for 17 years!!::bigsmile:

Lots of first timers, we made over 120 new Funster badges, A big thanks-a-lot to Marie (Penelope Pitstop) who delivered most of those badges as she ran at least 20 miles helping me park up and greet the ralliers:thumb: And thanks also to all those other funsters that had me laughing all weekend. :roflmto::roflmto:

Can't wait for the next one, hope you can make it. :Smile::thumb:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
More thanks to Laneside who was responsible for the death of millions more of my brain cells. He took me unawares by bringing back the gift of whiskey I gave him for making me a walking stick and forcing me to drink it!

Am I missing something here Howie?

Why were you trying to drink a walking stick?

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Another great Funster meet. Again, many thanks to Sian and Jim for all of their hard work in making the weekend such a success. It was great to meet some 'old' friends and to meet new ones. Confession now, yes it was us that flew the flag upside down (thanks Neil, for a quiet bloke you know how to wield the proverbial stilletto) :cry::ROFLMAO:

Last nights entertainment was exceptional - I really believed it was Buddy Holly!

Howie and Kath

Ps Kath says sorry for not saying cherio to you all last night but she was toxic with the cold!:tears:

PPS Alan, we have had the air suspension fitted so can visit top car park!:thumb:

Am I missing something here Howie?

Why would you want to drink a walking stick?

Actually I have just thought this through a bit more.

I realise now you wanted a stiff drink:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stuart

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Thank you Stuart, with humour(?) like that you'll go far as a Funster. perhaps I could suggest Morocco??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It was lovely to meet you and I'll bring the stuffed olives to the next meet we both attend. Howie :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Jim, Think you have made a typo error on your posting. That would make Sian about two years old last time you took her away on your own.:Smile:

winterhill

Free Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ambleside & Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
since 2008
We would like to say a belated thank you to Sian & Jim for making us feel so welcome at the northern show, given that this was our first rally and first time meeting the other Funsters we can only say what great time we had -especially with the fun and banter from Steve aka scran and his wife and other new friends we got to meet over the weekend.

Keep up the great work with the site Jim & Sian

Hope to see you all again soon !

Thanks Again

Leon & Val aka Winterhill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread