Northern Motorhome show Cheshire 13th -15th July (2 Viewers)

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
lets hope it stays fine
i will be coming along as a day visitor tomorrow so hopefully will call in to camp fun at some point as somewhere in general camping my parents are there having a break in their VW Autosleeper Sherbourne.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
lsomewhere in general camping my parents are there having a break in their VW Autosleeper Sherbourne.

I hope you can come up with a good excuse for them not being with FUNsters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
I hope you can come up with a good excuse for them not being with FUNsters.

actually i cant brian there is no reason except they are both complete technophobes and wont have a computer ( this digital change over would have had them throwing the tv through the window if they could lift it never mind satellite tv )

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
actually i cant brian there is no reason except they are both complete technophobes and wont have a computer ( this digital change over would have had them throwing the tv through the window if they could lift it never mind satellite tv )

Come on, it's your job to help them.

Have you tried them on a tablet ? It's so intuitive you've got to be in with a good chance.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
seriously Brian it was hard enough explaining the remote control for the TV.
trying with a tablet would be really pushing the boundaries. you should see their mobile phone it only just does text messages its so old it still has an aerial:Doh:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
If anyone at this meet is interested in a Coleman Event Shelter then you might want to check out this other thread...

Broken Link Removed

I'm only 65 miles away and you could collect it anytime during or after the show...I can even meet you halfway if it would help ::bigsmile:

Bryan

kex66

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just got back from the Northern Motorhome Show, absolute mud bath. Only just managed to get the car off the car park without getting stuck. Organisers decided to drive a huge tractor up and down the main walkway for most of the day to deposit bark on the worst affected areas (Serious accident waiting to happen)

Feel very sorry for the exhibitors.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
seriously Brian it was hard enough explaining the remote control for the TV.
trying with a tablet would be really pushing the boundaries.

I can be glib and say pushing the boundaries is what it's all about but you know them best.

It's a great shame, the internet has so much to offer. I can't conceive of a world off line but I've been on line for 30 years or so, right from 300 baud and every word creeping in almost at typing speed.

I had an old aunt, I failed with her and that was just at TV/phone level, she was nearly blind so I have a hint of dignity left.

At the other end of the scale, by 3 my grandson was at home with TV/DVD/computer/X-Box, no effort at all. In this case a bad thing because he wastes too much time on them.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
nobody got any pictures of this mudbath yet????? was hoping to see what i am going to be getting myself into tomorrow.

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Mud and more mud. Get out and enjoy yourselves.

Just returned home from the Knutsford show. The heavens opened when we were a mile from Tabley. Sat in the car for a few minutes , the rain stopped, out came the sun and we had a great afternoon with a couple of friends who are brand new to Motorhomes.
There was of course plenty of mud, at least it was warm and sunny.

Best thing about the show was the lack of crowds. Plenty of attention from the retailers at the show.

Get your Welles out and attend tomorrow!

Regards, Brian.

Thanks for the earlier warnings about the mud.

Thanks. Lost my first reply, will try again.
We are in Sunny Macclesfield, around 10 miles away. Last time we were at this show it was raining for miles around the showground, we packed wellies, but the site had sunshine all the time of our visit.
We will be in our Nissan Patrol, with tow rope in back.
Hope to meet Funsters during our short visit this afternoon.
Meeting some old friends there. They bought a Motorhome a year ago and have not used it once! Hope to introduce them to FUN.
Enjoy the show. Knutsford is a nice little village and Jodrell Bank is close.
Thanks again for the advice.
Regards Brian and Mar.

OP
OP
Ash

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just leaving the show , not many Funsters about to say bye to

they must all be round the show spending money :ROFLMAO:
Thanks Paul & Nikki for a great weekend despite the mud around the show we still managed to have FUN , pulled straight off the field no problem , see you all again soon :thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
nobody got any pictures of this mudbath yet????? was hoping to see what i am going to be getting myself into tomorrow.
At least 3 tractors participating in vehicle extraction. The show area itself was getting worse this morning.
Link Removed

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Got out ok, plenty of mud around the show, but we hard a great time with the funsters roll on some dry days lt shows, incidentally it's nice and sunny here. Peter & Lynn

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Thanks for a good weekend again Paul and Nikki ,washed all the mud of van and now its ready to get dirty at Quo do. :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
had a good day at the show saw Jim and Sian and Paul and Nikki and their walking carpet ::bigsmile: looks like its going to be a busy week for the traders cleaning all the mud out of the vans.

i really cant believe what little respect some people have for these motorhomes most were muddy inside i even saw some with mud on the beds and nearly every shower tray had muddy footprints inside.

if most were wearing wellies as i suspect quite a lot were why not just slip them off outside the door or just in the doorway on the steps of the motorhomes instead of just walking in and letting their kids just climb on everything in their filthy footwear. still i guess it guarantees the jobs of a few for another week cleaning them.

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
We're back home now. :cry:

Despite the mud we had a fantastic time. Really enjoyed the personal touch to this meet and great to get round and chat to everyone personally.

Great to see so many day visitors come and introduce themselves and share a cake or coffee too,

Always a pleasure to marshall a fun meet, you know help is just around the corner and you get to meet such interesting people with such great stories..

Particularly nice to hear such nice comments from the warners Marshalls themselves in our bid to help others out that we're struggling, by giving up some of our land on two occasions :thumb:

That's it for us for a while , so ttfn :thumb:

Sorry joy that Dave and his dad never turned up, maybe next time :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just waiting for a tractor to tow us off the field, I think we'd be OK without the trailer, but with it I'm not going to even try to spin a wheel with it. Nice to meet some new Funsters and meet up with some older faces. Great organisation by Haggars and Nikki, securing one of the few decent pitches:thumb: Overall a very nice weekend, thanks:thumb:

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
Thanks

Thanks Paul for letting me n pat crash your party :thumb:
And Jim n sian for putting up with us :Blush:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Great weekend folks, even if Barbara didn't manage more than 1/2 the show due to the mud bath conditions :Smile:
Even after the overnight rain, we managed to sneak off early this morning without so much as a wheelspin.
Rain all of the way home up the M6, but now home safe & sound :thumb:

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Arrived home a little while ago, and the van isn't too muddy.

Despite the mud, we had a cracking time, and a huge thank you to Paul and Nikki - excellent hosts - and Nikki's fruit cake was yummy.

See you all again soon, hopefully, at Malvern.

Di and Pete

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Just finished hosing down our Moroccan awning mat :Eeek:. I thought it wouldn't be too bad, given that it was floating at the cheshire show ::bigsmile:

Do you think they would like their soil back at the Cheshire Showground ? or should I just grow some tatties in it :ROFLMAO:

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Wouldnt like to be walking over that lot during the next few weeks with all the potholes etc that will be left in the ground when they are getting all the show vans out, bet the tractor drivers have been busy today. We left around 9am

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
My thanks to 'the haganaps' Paul and Nikki for a lovely if slightly muddy/wet relaxing weekend.
Also many thanks to Ash for doing my awning room, my dogs love you too - now they can people/dog watch without being outside in the wind or rain.
It was lovely to catchup with Dickson and Barbara and great being able to natter to Joy as well as putting names and faces to forum names.
and even I got off from the bottom end of our area without being towed out
Maggie

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Big thanks to Paul and Niki, Dixon and Barbara, Maggie and the two hairy long legged friends, and everyone else at this meet which was so relaxing I overslept this morning. Lovely to meet Dave at last and was lovely to have a really good chat to Blondi. :Smile: Collected enough mud on my jeans to have face packs for the next twelve months.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just finished hosing down our Moroccan awning mat :Eeek:. I thought it wouldn't be too bad, given that it was floating at the cheshire show ::bigsmile:

Do you think they would like their soil back at the Cheshire Showground ? or should I just grow some tatties in it :ROFLMAO:

Hosing down? You trying to cause a flood or something? :roflmto:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
And it's a big thank-you from me too, to everyone.

A great weekend in spite of the weather.

:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back