Northern Motorhome show Cheshire 13th -15th July (1 Viewer)

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Hi Paul we will be there some time after 5.00pm friday. I will pm you on thursday evening hopefully with a more approx time when i know what work commitments i have friday.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hope to be there Thursday about lunchtime

Problems with the respite but if it goes awry(spelling???) I will come in my car because I owe you money Paul. Hopefully, though, the home will sort things out.....:thumb:

Hi Joy,

You have my number don't you?

Ring me when you arrive as I need to come down with your tickets :thumb::thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Paul - Don't know what the weather is like in Cheshire, but it has been raining here for the last 5 years :Eeek:
In case the weather is poor for the show, with a lack of the sunny orb, I may have to be a little inconsiderate and bring my arrogant little Generator with me. It will be for emergency use only & I will try to minimise any unnessary noise.
You may want to pitch me at the far side of the field. :Smile:
Arriving early afternoon tomorrow, but not from Rutland as previously posted :Smile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glyn and Debbie

Free Member
May 18, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
Since 2008
Oh No

Soooo disappointed we will not be able to attend, RV sat on drive with no wheels waiting for new brake disks which won't arrive until next week. gutted.:cry::cry::cry:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
steve n sue

hi were going to cheshire show on friday till monday but how will we know who anybody is as we are newbies and dont know anybody who will be going regards steven sue:thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Just look for the Yellow Smilie Funster Flags & come over & introduce yourselves. Looks like its going to be a small & intimate meet by Funster standards, so there won't be too many names to take in :Smile:
Most will have name badges, either on their person or on the Motorhome ::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Just look for the Yellow Smilie Funster Flags & come over & introduce yourselves. Looks like its going to be a small & intimate meet by Funster standards, so there won't be too many names to take in :Smile:
Most will have name badges, either on their person or on the Motorhome ::bigsmile:

Yep as Dell says.

You won't miss me, Ill have a massive Newfoundland dog with me, ::bigsmile:

Many will be wearing funster badges,

A great meet to come over as you will get to meet a few people and not be overwhelmed. What did you do with your tickets Glynn and Debbie, I know many funsters that would of taken them off you?:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
BTW, Sun is shinning wonderfully here today in Cheshire, just off now.:thumb:

kex66

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Drove past the entrance to the show this afternoon. Lots of motorhomes waiting to get in so looks like it could be a busy show.

Not sure if we are going in the car or taking the RV to get a couple of quotes from exhibitors on jobs that we would like done.

Never been before so do you think the organisers will allow a 34" RV into the car park?

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Hi i was out early this morning and came off J19 at Knutsford on my way to maccelsfield at about 5.50 am there was three motorhomes parked up in the first lay by and i was so tempted to blast my air horns and wake them all up. Made me giggle but i didnt.:ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hi were going to cheshire show on friday till monday but how will we know who anybody is as we are newbies and dont know anybody who will be going regards steven sue:thumb:

All FUNsters walk around naked, to avoid confusion the men also have a bright yellow bow tied around their willies. If you don't have any yellow ribbon Haggers will supply you with some, just ask for 12 inch or 18 inch length as appropriate.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i must admit the first time i saw his dog i thought it had one of those thick wool doggy jumpers on. :roflmto::roflmto:

thanks for clarifying Brian the welsh will be most pleased :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

also has Haggers any 23.9 inch bits of yellow ribbon just in case Slobberdoberbober pops in must keep things to scale :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
has Haggers any 23.9 inch bits of yellow ribbon just in case Slobberdoberbober pops in must keep things to scale :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well there was talk of an extra long one. Some say it was for our glorious and immortal leader Lord Jim, the omnipotent one descended from the Sun God Ra, smiter of The Dark Side, may he ever be praised. Since it was unsubstantiated talk, late at night in a FUN test I'll not mention any numbers but just remember this, have you noticed how Sian always has a certain smile on her face and his Hymer has reinforced titanium steadies engineered in the same workshop that made parts for the 3500 mph Blackbird spy plane.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Must say really enjoying the mud bath amazed Warner's allowed it to go ahead still some pleasure in watching ash standing on the roof in torrential rain. Not sure what's happening with this weather but sunburnt yesterday drenched today at least we're having fun and thank the lord for Internet access and beer :roflmto:

It's the traders I feel sorry for . They have actually paid money for this Warner's should of paid them to attend

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
unfortunately the weather is one thing beyond our control no matter how many sun gods we worship.
however sunday is looking favourable according to the weather channel but they also say you will be getting thunder storms around 6 pm today

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I would take thunderstorms right now:thumb:

Better than looking across at the rain, at the moment it's either light rain or heavy rain,:ROFLMAO:

Looking at the airplanes above us is good though :thumb:

kex66

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Wanted to take our RV tomorrow, organisers say it will probably need a tractor tow out so won't bother but will go in the car. Looking for a deal on a satellite system at the show so maybe the dealers will be up for it if business is slow:thumb: Every cloud and all that.................

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Boggy Report Please.

Visiting tomorrow afternoon, due to other commitments.
Not sure if I should come in the old Amethyst, in case I need to measure or fit anything or to come in my 4WD. Any Funsters available for info re state of car park.
Hope I meet a few of you tomorrow.
Regards Brian.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Deffinately the 4*4 brian you will need it. I've seen smart cars towed by tractors . Also make sure you bring wellies. Fun this meet certainly ain't but somehow we are braving through it.
GOod news is that Nikki and I are doing coffee and cake or what ever your preferred tipple is at 4ish so feel free to pop over.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Deffinately the 4*4 brian you will need it. I've seen smart cars towed by tractors . Also make sure you bring wellies. Fun this meet certainly ain't but somehow we are braving through it.
GOod news is that Nikki and I are doing coffee and cake or what ever your preferred tipple is at 4ish so feel free to pop over.

Thanks for the heads up Haggers, was planning a day visitors trip tomorrow but after being totally pissed off for the whole of June and so far into July I'm not going paddling anymore. This jet stream has got a lot to answer for:cry::cry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Having not booked we did consider coming along for the general camping but decided against it as a result of other calls on our time. Glad we did now as the last two days have been fine here and it's a lovely, sunny morning at the moment.

Hope you all enjoy Knutsford whatever the weather.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Well sunny morning here today thank god .... Lots of fun on offer today tractor towing and mud wrestling it's like Glastonbury for oldies :smile:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Oh dear hope it picks up for you all, wish we could have been mud wrestling with you but Rog cannot drive and his eye is very sore. Try to have a great time although I know you Funsters will:thumb:

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Thanks for the 4wd and wellies advice.

Thanks. Lost my first reply, will try again.
We are in Sunny Macclesfield, around 10 miles away. Last time we were at this show it was raining for miles around the showground, we packed wellies, but the site had sunshine all the time of our visit.
We will be in our Nissan Patrol, with tow rope in back.
Hope to meet Funsters during our short visit this afternoon.
Meeting some old friends there. They bought a Motorhome a year ago and have not used it once! Hope to introduce them to FUN.
Enjoy the show. Knutsford is a nice little village and Jodrell Bank is close.
Thanks again for the advice.
Regards Brian and Mar.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well sunny morning here today thank god .... Lots of fun on offer today tractor towing and mud wrestling it's like Glastonbury for oldies :smile:

Shame as we had thought to visit today but not with all that mud about
Hope you all have a better day and no hassle when leaving

John n Kath

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988