Northen Spain flat out how long ? (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
http://about-france.com/tourism/med-avoiding-tolls.htm
I'm looking at this route but can't see a total driving time,am I missing the obvious ?
I don't mind a lengthy drive and want to get over the border to Empuriabrava in Spain .
We arrive in france at 6 on Sunday evening and I don't mind a stint behind the wheel untill about twelve where would I get to , approx how much driving time untill final destination ?
Assuming I'm doing a steady 70 ,asfter all fuels cheaper over there so and I'm on Uk time and not worried about the saving .

Vlad

I've done exactly that route , non-toll, in 11 hours & sticking to the limits.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I've done exactly that route , non-toll, in 11 hours & sticking to the limits.

It took me 11 hours sticking to speed limits and no tolls from Dieppe to Lodeve just south of Millau. Probably another two hours to the Spanish border.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Only done it once all the way non stop (except petrol and comfort breaks) Not a single motorway cos there weren't any in 1976. Two of us - only my husband drove cos I couldn't then - in a mini van. Going as flat out as humanly and mechanically possible throughout.

Overnight Portsmouth - Cherbourg, kipped on a settee in a corridor near a (closed by then) bar, docked at 07.30, probably 09.00 ish start. Couple of hours kip in a layby somewhere in southern France. Brewed up on camping stove, wee'd in the hedge same as all the other occupants of the other cars and then continued. Got to our campsite at Playa de Aro approx. 4pm.

Literally - once was enough - and the return journey was even worse since my poor bloke had the runs.

Once we could afford holidays again - we flew!

Only took to the roads across that bit of water again in 1971 with husband MkII when he became a BAB (born again biker) - but Hotels B&B, Villages, Marmottes etc have an awful lot to recommend them on the way to/from - when you aren't in a Moho!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back