North France May June 2016 (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Did not see any sign of fuel shortages up near the northern borders.
Strasbourg asci site camping indigo. relatively new site but the weather had turned some pitches to mud and the drainage needs desperately sorting. guy opposite me was up to his ankles on his pitch after a torrential downpour. no water points either - fresh water from the washing up sinks.
handy for transport to town out of site up to main road turn left and tram in 500 mts.
Bitche lovely little stellplatz up by the castle 4 or 5 spaces. bit of a hike back up from town and too early in the day for us to stop.
Sedan plenty of parking up by the castle looked good for a night but could not see any services - again too early
Charleville- Mezieres aire by the marina (free) dump and water bourn ramps needed - i used 3 - 6 spaces full - with the late comers being french just parking on the road opposite there's a municipal camps site just over the fence where you need to go to sort electricity if u need it. very nice central square in town.
Landrecies 4 parking spots in a separate little area down by the canal (free). dont think it would be suitable for a large rig over 7 mts. set up then it started raining AGAIN so decided to press on a bit further.
le Quesnoy municipal campsite and aire together €9.5 whichever. there had been a huge cross country running event earlier in the day with lots of runners staying at the site so just imagine the state of the facilities. to be fair they were cleaned up by the morning.
this is a Vauban fortified town and its intact so very impressive walls and defences.
Berques had an hour to kill while driving to the ferry so called in for a look round. spotted the aire just outside the walls - another Vauban town - ideal for an overnight and a meal which i am sure has been mentioned on here before
hth someone.

OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Forgot to mention that in a couple of towns up near the Belgium border I nearly got caught out by the old priority from the right rule.
These were both rural market towns and we were looking out for somewhere for lunch when all of a sudden someone is pulling out directly in front of me.
Yeh I know concentrate on the driving but these were the only places that I came across this antiquated(or so I thought) system.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
It is worse now than when Priorité a droit was the general rule.

Now it is mostly main road priority but, occasionally priority to the right.

Even looking for road markings on the junction doesn't always help as they are sometimes worn away, or you cannot see them from the main road until the last minute.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back