pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
We live in the north east, please give us a good reason why we should not think about moving to Norfolk, Suffolk. We are both hard working and would live in our van.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We live in the north east, please give us a good reason why we should not think about moving to Norfolk, Suffolk. We are both hard working and would live in our van.
There be dragons in Norfolk...........:whistle2:

Suffolk is a much nicer place ;)

Seriously, if you can find a suitable place then both are great places to be (just watch out for the 6 fingered lot in Norfolk) with it getting a bit cheaper the further north you go. We've lived in Suffolk for 36 years.....

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006

We moved from Teesside to Norfolk 30y ago. Houses in Teesside were falling in value but in Norwich they were going up £1000 per month. We took a loss, moved and have been happy ever since.

The pace of life is gentler, the air is better, the natives are not too bad. (But Richmond should be harder to leave then smoggieland.)

Bear in mind that it's no good being "hardworking" if you don't have a job. Have you "worked" from your van previously? Do you have some other form of transport? Where will you park for the night? etc etc.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask - Gordon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
It all depends on what kind of work that you are looking for to support yourselfs,the closer to London the easier the work is to find

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I suppose the best reason to move to anywhere else (or any other major lifestyle change) is that you have looked at all the pros and cons and decided that the former win.

I did more or less the opposite to @Rapido925M in 1968, moved to Middlesbrough from north west Derbyshire for college. I originally intended staying 2 years but marriage and employment meant I stayed. The motorhome gives us the freedom to enjoy the rest of the country now that we have earned the time and the wherewithal to do so :)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
What !! Leave Yorkshire. We moved to York in 1991, now alone but I have no desire to move back to Newcastle.
It is beautiful down here, the only downside is that I am along way from the coast.
You must do what you feel you want to, life is a one way ticket.
Norman.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Unless you are thinking of a change of occupation I wouldn't think it's on, I have kept pigs on and off for most of my life, and not being anyway offensive , it's not the cleanest of jobs, where will you be washing your overalls and stuff, not that easy in a motorhome, and you could soon find yourself perminatly smelly.
Not suggesting anything but iv been there.
But as to moving to east Anglia , can't see anything wouldent be much different in jobs and stuff and it sure is nice around the broads(y):)

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
We retired from Berkshire to Staithes. Looked around the South East before deciding on North East. Best move we ever made.
Hadn't realised how noisy/busy it was down South until we moved here.
Have a look a bit further North before deciding.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Unless you are thinking of a change of occupation I wouldn't think it's on, I have kept pigs on and off for most of my life, and not being anyway offensive , it's not the cleanest of jobs, where will you be washing your overalls and stuff, not that easy in a motorhome, and you could soon find yourself perminatly smelly.
Not suggesting anything but iv been there.
But as to moving to east Anglia , can't see anything wouldent be much different in jobs and stuff and it sure is nice around the broads(y):)
Yes iam up for a change, I have been with pigs since 1986 and managed only 2 units, I have a shower or bath once a day which i need, as the job is t**s up now i feel like its time for a change, I could talk pigs reared per sow and dlwg and fcr but maybe on a different forum.;)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes iam up for a change, I have been with pigs since 1986 and managed only 2 units, I have a shower or bath once a day which i need, as the job is t**s up now i feel like its time for a change, I could talk pigs reared per sow and dlwg and fcr but maybe on a different forum.;)
I knew a bloke who worked for Middlesbrough Council and had a pig farm at Richmond. He reputedly sold it for half a million pounds about 25 years ago (give or take). That wasn't you was it? :)

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
What !! Leave Yorkshire. We moved to York in 1991, now alone but I have no desire to move back to Newcastle.
It is beautiful down here, the only downside is that I am along way from the coast.
You must do what you feel you want to, life is a one way ticket.
Norman.
My wife is from york, our favourite place! we spent our honeymoon there, we just need to pitch up in our van with our 2 dogs and live without the stress of my job, maybe some cash in hand work?

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
I knew a bloke who worked for Middlesbrough Council and had a pig farm at Richmond. He reputedly sold it for half a million pounds about 25 years ago (give or take). That wasn't you was it? :)
bloody hell i wish!!!:LOL:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The best reason i can think of is that its nearer to Channel ferries and you can escape our climate much quicker..BUSBY.

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
The best reason i can think of is that its nearer to Channel ferries and you can escape our climate much quicker..BUSBY.
We have spoken to friends today and they have told us to move to france, Is this country really that bad?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We have spoken to friends today and they have told us to move to france, Is this country really that bad?

Not so bad when you are retired but weather gets you down and everywhere is so busy,,,BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back