markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Spring is here, the sun is out and I sit here in my office in North Berwick watching the growing numbers of motorhomes and campers coming into town, as they always do as the weather improves, but sadly this year many are going to be disapointed as the council have put signs up banning overnighting at the usual wilding areas (the signs have no legal standing as confirmed by EL council) but visitors don't know that

Now I'm happy for as many motorhomes and campers as possible to come here, so if you want to wild camp, you can use the rugby club car park on Dunbar road (its a public car park, no problem with overnighting) or a bit further along Dunbar road is a supermarket car park, the CO-OP have closed the shop, but the car park is still open. Both places are safe and an easy walk to the town

Enjoy your visit and wave when you pass the office on the corner of Forth/Quality Street as I'm in here wishing I was out in my van!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Keep meaning to have a run back up there, my Uncle lives at Port Seton and I used to work with a guy from West Barns (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Like North Berwick, nearly bought a house there when I wanted the kids to go to a good school. Also stayed in a B &B on the front for a weeks holiday when I was a kid even though I only lived in Musselburgh. My dad owned a hotel in a village nearby so visited quite often.(y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I played a bit of golf up there about 30m years ago, we parked on a caravan park that bordered on to the local course it has (or at least had) a shortish par 3 playing to an island green on the beach about 50 feet below the tee, great hole, I think we used everything from a 3 wood to 9 iron during the week for same hole due to varying wind

Great memories of the golf, awful recollection of my 1 year old putting golf ball in her mouth, not only the pesticide risk, but it nearly got stuck behind her teeth

All my fault, I thought she would play with the balls not eat them

Will have a stop over next time we come up, thanks for the suggestion (y)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Very handy to know as I like North Berwick, many thanks.

Finvarra

Free Member
Aug 6, 2014
scotland
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740SE
Exp
Since August 2013
Wilded on the seafront up past the end of the beach in April last year, lovely spot, sad to hear we are now banned. Walked into the town and spent pur money inlocal shops, did they think of that?????

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I parked up for a time at the Co op carpark to shop and thought it a nice place to stay but were wary of being kicked off into the dark so we went out to the east and looked at a large area by the graveyard but in the end went to Bardness and spent a very wet and windy night by the gate to the lighthouse I would have preferred to stop at the Co op.

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
I agree and it's sad that ELC have reacted to the moans of a bunch of wealthy incomers I make a point of saying hello to visitors and helping where I can, they make the businesses in the town viable

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thanks for post.

Following previous posts we have been considering visiting.

Its not the money for us. Just prefer to be parked up within walking distance of the town or with a view and not hid behind a hedge five miles up a lane.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Not been there in years but mum mentioned it recently so will visit soon.

Thanks for the info.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back