TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
I have a germ of an idea for a 'Pillars of Hercules' (ie around the Med rim) trip in a couple of years time. I've done various bits of the European section before but I have no idea about the feasability of the African bit.

I know there are people on this forum who have experience of the area. The trip would entail travelling in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Israel and Syria. I'm nowhere near thinking in any detail about it but I'd appreciate any comments or thoughts.

Thanks.

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Check Link Removed for ideas - as well as their other tours.

:Smile:
Keith

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you willprobably have a problem getting a visa for algeria. the rest are ok ,in libya you will have to have a guide to accompany you may be possible to have a good itinery and get away with it. the rest are easy ,can be very frustrating at borders be patient ,stern n bloody minded . also greasing palms works .getting a carnet de passage for egypt is also exp and sometimes not easy. check with rac first. you may give up the idea after more research.things do change frequently may be easier in a couple of years . last time i got a carnet for egypt it was for 10 times the value of the vehicle. lucky i was in an old vw.let us know how you get on ,have fun .alan.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Check Link Removed for ideas - as well as their other tours.

Keith

Snap I was about to say the same, received their brochure today, looks a great tour, mind you they usually say a minimum of 24 van to 36 max. That will take a lot or organising.
But great if you can get a few like minded people on the tour to hand out with.

Regards Pat

Groundhog

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Since 2008
We are thinking of doing the North Africa - Near East Tour with Perestroika in February next year.

Has anyone used them before. If so did all go well and would you use them again. Any particular things that did not work so well.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
We are thinking of doing the North Africa - Near East Tour with Perestroika in February next year.

Has anyone used them before. If so did all go well and would you use them again. Any particular things that did not work so well.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The 2escapees (Mike and Judith Annan) on here have done 3 trips with them including the Beijing trip and return via Mongolia and are going on their India-Nepal trip in December. Seemed well pleased when I met with them to ask that question.

2Escapees: Mike & Judith Annan

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back