Nordlingen (1 Viewer)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Has anyone used the Stellplatz at Nordlingen recently?

I ask because it seemed to have disappeared (I could not find it) when I went recently. I thought I was at the right place but all I found was masses of space and ‘no-stopping’ signs. Perhaps it had been cleared in preparation for an event?

OP
OP
two

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Was it adjacent to a large parking area? I could find no ticket machine or bourn, so may well have been in the wrong place. SatNav thought I’d ‘arrived’ though. The whole area was completely empty, apart form a trainer and young motorcyclist.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I was there in 2013 and there was a MH area with usual facilities and even a few EHU points. I'd be surprised if it's been closed/repurposed because I think Germany is expanding its MH facilities in general.

Great place, by the way. A mediaeval town with complete roofed walls. Also in the middle of one of the very few large meteor craters in Europe. No need to search for meteor-impacted stone, the main church is made of it.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Also climb the church tower, lost count of the number of steps. A the top is a small tourist information office, who will charge you two euros to climb the last 20 steps where you exit on the a narrow balcony and walk completely around the tower to view the whole town.
I think the stellplatz is at 48.85556, 10.48417. and from memory there was a water for a euro and electric for two (2 units or 24 hours which ever came first).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back