Norcold Fridge

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by fallingblock, Jan 4, 2012.

1. fallingblock

fallingblock Read Only Funster

Hi
    Can anybody help or advise where I may be able to get help. I have a Norcold fridge/freezer model no N611LT serial No 10480012 which is freezing the fresh food compatrment, the temp control switch is having no effect and when on gas the burner runs continuosly. The unit is in continual use on the automatic setting with AC power delivered from a generator as mains power is not available here. I am a bit worried as I understand some of these units present a fire risk

2. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Hi
    I don't know about the newer Norcold ----but with the later Dometic ones the temp control is INSIDE the 'fridge on the cooling grill thing--------it's just a bit of plastic (with a wire on it ??) it is slid up and down to alter temp.
    But your best bet is to call Duncan at 'Star Spangled Spanner'------he is our saviour:BigGrin:
    Nigel & Pamala---------Portugal

3. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

4. icantremember

icantremember Funster

We have a Thetford fridge/freezer so may not be the same problem as yours but we had exactly the same with the fresh food compartment freezing everything.

After a call to Thetford the problem was immediately diagnosed as a faulty thermistor and was very simple matter for me to replace.

I hope this might help you

Brian