Norcold/Dometic Fridge Recall updates (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Not sure if this has been posted before on Fun .. but in any case this is an update:

Many RV owners are unaware that their RV refrigerator may be affected by recalls from 1987 through 2010. Over 2 million refrigerators may be fire hazards. [HI]The recall list has been updated with new models, so keep checking.[/HI] Even if yours is not under recall today, it may be in the future.

Link to Norcold product recall information and how to identify the affected models.. http://www.norcoldrecall.com/

Check yours ASAP .. This is the result of a fridge failing
Link Removed

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Good post Jim.
Does anyone have the contact details for the UK.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Does anyone have the contact details for the UK.

From another RV forum so I can't vouch for the accuracy of this information....

I have been in contact with Dometic USA and they told me to contact Dometic UK at Blandford Forum.
I contacted them and they were really helpful.
They checked my fridge details to check it was on the Recall list,which it was, then took my postcode and said their agent would be round within 10 days to fit the new heat shields and overheat cut off sensor.
They done a great job free of charge on the date they had given.

Dometic UK can be contacted on 01258 414595 (speak with Catherine as she is aware of these recalls).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Although we dont own an RV I still wish to thank you for this post because without Funsters like you others may not be aware of the problem and any information is always welcome.

Dale

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Link Removed

This is a thread over on the RVOC with usefull info and comments, though a very unfortunate to say the least thread starter.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ours has a big silver Dometic fridge freezer. When we first bought it Nov 09 it stopped working the 3rd time out.
A fellow camper ( in the know ) looked in the cupboard at the back for us where it was all smokey and black :Eeek:and said we needed to get it back to the dealers to be checked out. Not to try using it again:whatthe:
Fortunately it was well below freezing , over the New Year so non of the food went to waste. The upside of this was that our 2006 model got all brand new fridge workings , and so it should have.
The downside may have been like the picture:Sad:
So its not just RV and 5th wheelers that need to know about this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Taken from Jims link to norcold

Even if your refrigerator was repaired as part of a previous recall it is necessary to have it repaired again to minimize
the risk of injury or death due to fire.:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back