Non Starter or Tracker (1 Viewer)

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
We are taking delivery of our new mh in March, about to book in with vanbitz for strike back alarm and reading his Web page I noticed the Non Starter and also trackers.
Neither of these are relevant for insurance but want to protect my mh as much as possible so we would value all feedback
Thanks
Gary and Janrt

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I have Growler, a tracker & non starter. For us the tracker is an insurance requirement and the non starter is a great additional level of security.

I wouldn't worry about false alarms with a Strikeback/Growler. They can pretty much only happen due to user error (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 1, 2015
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Frankia 840GD
Exp
Since 2015
My van came with the tracker retrieve. But I also had a Growler fitted and the non starter as well. After 8 months not 1 false alarm. Alway leave the van feeling more confident if the alarm goes off due to break in I will receive a text message and a call from the alarm. IMHO with every penny.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Had to take ours into dealer for recalls. New ignition switch meant battery disconnection. Within a minute the phone rang from the tracker company saying they had lost power to the unit. Nice to know trackers work.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The main difference is that the "Non Starter" is a tracking and paging system in addition to a GSM immobiliser intended to combat key theft and vehicle theft

If your thinking March however, I know that we are currently booking the first week in May

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have the Non-Starter fitted, I did a review of it here. Broken Link Removed (y)

OP
OP
garjanco
Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
The main difference is that the "Non Starter" is a tracking and paging system in addition to a GSM immobiliser intended to combat key theft and vehicle theft

If your thinking March however, I know that we are currently booking the first week in May
Eddie going to book in with you this morning
Thanks everybody for your comments strike back and non starter it is

OP
OP
garjanco
Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
I have the Non-Starter fitted, I did a review of it here. Broken Link Removed (y)
Thanks Jim read your review
As usual the mh fraternity have pointed us in the right direction don't know what we did before joining fun
Thanks everybody for your replies booked in at vanbitz can't wait to get new my and join a few of the rallies
Gary and Janet

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have the strikeback growler and non starter, the only time there has been a problem it has been user error! I have had to reload the app on my iphone once for some reason but Nick's moto G has been fine. This is obviously nothing to do with Vanbitz but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else suddenly finds they can't switch the non starter on or off.

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
As a matter of interest does anyone know how many Motorhomes are stolen each year in the UK? Also from what locations they are stolen? e.g. From driveways- from storage-when they are away from home on hols.etc

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The home office doesn't seem to differentiate between vehicle types for theft, just lumps vehicle together

Insurers are coy to advise how many vehicles are stolen

The numbers of our customers that come to us retrospectively due to a vehicle theft numbers in tens a year rather than In the hundreds

I have just got the MD of the largest selling tracking system in Europe, Trackstar, to email us regular statistics

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have the strikeback growler and non starter, the only time there has been a problem it has been user error! I have had to reload the app on my iphone once for some reason but Nick's moto G has been fine. This is obviously nothing to do with Vanbitz but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else suddenly finds they can't switch the non starter on or off.
What app is that? I just use text messages to control mine. Didn't know there was an app available.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What app is that? I just use text messages to control mine. Didn't know there was an app available.

It's just a message template app so you don't have to remember the codes and type them in every time.

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Thanks eddievanbitz would be interesting to know.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back