Non-slip shelf lining (1 Viewer)

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
Aplogies if I am repeating myself, but we think this is a good tip;- Line shelves and cupboards in your MH with thin rubber matting (available from hardware stores on a roll) to stop things sliding around so much when traveling - I also put a lump between the glass hob cover and the rings of the cooker to stop any clatter.
We have also just bought an electric greenhouse fan heater (which is safe in an enviornment with condensation) which we leave plugged in and will come on automatically if the temperature goes below 5 degrees.
So far, no damp and no clatter!

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I have had a roll for five years, its still a roll, must do something with it. :Doh:

Ralph

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Good tips, no need to apologise, but isn't it appalling that after spending ten of thousands on a new van you have to buy and fit soundproofing.. all our shelves are covered in a washable short pile fabric.. I must confess, it doesn't look great and does catch dirt, but no slipping.

Bubble wrap, tea towels etc are useful, pack between dishes, pots etc while travelling .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
And another tip if you have to leave the van closed up for some time & the weather is a little damp, (as we get in the summer now), a dehumidifier will make a world of difference to the interior fabrics & furnishings by removing the damp air.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back