Non-slip shelf lining

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by paul&stella, Nov 4, 2008.

1. paul&stella

paul&stella Read Only Funster

Aplogies if I am repeating myself, but we think this is a good tip;- Line shelves and cupboards in your MH with thin rubber matting (available from hardware stores on a roll) to stop things sliding around so much when traveling - I also put a lump between the glass hob cover and the rings of the cooker to stop any clatter.
    We have also just bought an electric greenhouse fan heater (which is safe in an enviornment with condensation) which we leave plugged in and will come on automatically if the temperature goes below 5 degrees.
    So far, no damp and no clatter!

2. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

I have had a roll for five years, its still a roll, must do something with it. :Doh:

Ralph

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Good tips, no need to apologise, but isn't it appalling that after spending ten of thousands on a new van you have to buy and fit soundproofing.. all our shelves are covered in a washable short pile fabric.. I must confess, it doesn't look great and does catch dirt, but no slipping.

Bubble wrap, tea towels etc are useful, pack between dishes, pots etc while travelling .

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  4. keith

keith Funster

And another tip if you have to leave the van closed up for some time & the weather is a little damp, (as we get in the summer now), a dehumidifier will make a world of difference to the interior fabrics & furnishings by removing the damp air.