Non Posters (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Also posted on RVF ..

I've been looking at the number of members who have never posted on RVF, it is over 50%

I've also looked at MHF and found it too has over 9,000 non posters, again just over 50%

Not so easy to see the stats on MHFun but why do people join forums and never post or even acknowledge a welcome.. baffles me :RollEyes:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Wiley touched on this in another post, he said (I think) that because MHFacts insist that you register, it means that you get a lot register just to access the info only for them to never post or become an active member. On sites like this one and RVF members can read just about everything without registering, so the only reason for registering is to post, presumably anyway. But like you say, even as members a lot of people don't post, however I have noticed many non posters are active readers and come back here every day.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
A lot of people are nervous if its their first board.

I was like it 5 years ago when I joined my first forum:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i also find it a bit odd that people register & dont post..its the same on wildcamping.....maybe like ic1962 said they may be shy Link Removed ...i know i am..:RollEyes:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Some people have more time than others!

Sorry got to go::bigsmile:

Chris

wilecoyote

Free Member
Aug 2, 2007
Leicester, UK
Funster No
why do people join forums and never post or even acknowledge a welcome.. baffles me :RollEyes:

I bet some people visit your pub and sit in the corner and say very little, if anything at all. Whilst others talk so loudly they annoy everyone around them :roflmto:

Much same here (or on any forum) Jim? Some like to only follow and read the antics on a daily basis, whilst others prefer to take part?

It's also not uncommon to have wifes/husbands/partners (or even parents) register on a forum... just to keep check on why YOU (thier family member) spend so long sat giggling yourself to bits at your computer screeen for what often seams to be no real reason?

In this case you of course tell them you are visiting a motorhome forum don't you? But do they believe you.. course not? The roars of lafter will often seam over the top and very unfitting? So they register to keep tabs on you?

If you don't believe this theory of Wile's..

Next time your family is around, just stand staring out the window giggling to yourself for no real reason? See how long it is before they raise from thier seats and wander over to join you?

Well, it's no different on here either Jim :Tongue:

jakeontour

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
In front of this computer when I should be out in
Funster No
Hi All

Firstly, congrats on the new site ::bigsmile:

I'm a member of both the sites mentioned and more besides. I think part of the problem is the reception members get when they make their first posting that puts them and others off.

Unfortunately most sites seem to acquire a few 'know it alls' who have an opinion on anything and everything irrespective of whether or not they know what they're talking about. Often they are argumentative to the point of rudeness, giving a very clear message on the lines of 'your views aren't wanted here, get lost'.

We all know the type and could probably name names. For example, when I was running a dual fuel RV (for over 40,000 miles) I was told I was talking rubbish on the subject by a very frequent poster with a diesel transit who, in his own words, 'would never own or even sit in one'. Makes you feel wanted, doesn't it?

Just my thoughts to add to the pot. I'm sure everyone's thoughts will be welcome here :Smile:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Very interesting points raised there Jakeontour, and ones which I would agree with entirely. I hope that you find your reception here to be somewhat different ::bigsmile:
Many on this site know what it is like to be sidelined and it is definately not something that we would welcome here, so please feel free to dive in and express your opinions, we are all eager to hear them ::bigsmile:

Keith

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi never see the point off not joining in somehow !! but each to your own:Smile:

ray

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
When I first joined the Wildcamping forum, I was very keen and logged a lot of posts very quickly.
I think that a couple of members got a little pi***d off and I got a bit of agro.
Now, I never get too involved in any serious discusions as it spoilt it for me.
I think that we should all remember we were all keen at some time and we should encourage members to post

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We recognise at "fun" that newbies to motorhoming are the life blood of the forum, posting a lot and often is positivley encouraged, please carry on, you won't get any aggro here ::bigsmile:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
We recognise at "fun" that newbies to motorhoming are the life blood of the forum, posting a lot and often is positivley encouraged, please carry on, you won't get any aggro here ::bigsmile:

Thanks Jim, at face value, this forum seems to have it's act together!
Well done!:Cool:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Graham
I hope we have got our act together at more than face value mate :roflmto: A lot of effort has gone into trying to ensure that the site delivers exactly what people want, which has been identified as FUN :roflmto: We hope that politics etc can be kept to an absolute minimum here and will not interfere with the members enjoyment of the site. Jim is still building the site and if you have any suggestions which you feel will be of benefit to the members please feel frre to post your ideas, no-one will complain, without the site listening to its members we will not move forward together, so I hope that you enjoy MHFun for what it is matey ::bigsmile:

Keith

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Hi Kieth, I am not complaining, I think this site is very good and a lot of hard work has gone into it!
You only have to look at the amount of new members joining daily.
Quite a few have come from Wildcamping, which in it's own way is quite a good informative forum.
Keep up the good work and thanks to you all.
regards

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think this site is very good and a lot of hard work has gone into it!
You only have to look at the amount of new members joining daily.
Quite a few have come from Wildcamping, which
regards

Thanks for your kind comments. I know that between you Sam and others you have pointed quite a few members of wildcamping this way. We know that if we can keep it fun, they will keep coming back. Thanks again, your efforts haven´t gone unnoticed and are much appreciated. :roflmto:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hey Twooks
I don't believe you said that..... You are far to shy to post something like that matey :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:
Haven't seen you around for a while ::bigsmile:
Welcome to this Fun site ::bigsmile:

Keith

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I see there's a new thread in the members bar on t'other side (not many new discussions these days, I note) with certain individuals claiming they "visit this site often but would never post" and that this is a "copy cat" site with no "new information". I don't venture there very often any more due to the hostile environment and obvious clique present, plus a number of pratty mods some of whom are very far up places where the sun has never been seen. I was about to reply to the twit, but decided to use the little energy I have left on this much more friendly, positive group. :roflmto:

Laurie

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I see there's a new thread in the members bar on t'other side (not many new discussions these days, I note) with certain individuals claiming they "visit this site often but would never post" and that this is a "copy cat" site with no "new information". I don't venture there very often any more due to the hostile environment and obvious clique present, plus a number of pratty mods some of whom are very far up places where the sun has never been seen. I was about to reply to the twit, but decided to use the little energy I have left on this much more friendly, positive group. :roflmto:

Laurie

Can't see it Laurie.... am I going blind or has there been some "divine intervention"???

I wonder how much "new information" there was to be found there when the site was a mere 6 weeks old? :eek:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
My thoughts exactly Linda, am just off to see if I can find it.......like you say, "divine" things happen there and messages disappear into the ether if not quite to someone's liking......:Confused:

Laurie

R

RockieRV

Deleted User

Laurie

LOLOLOL but they keep coming back to look? Says it all really :winky:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Interesting. Threads seems to have "moved" to Motorhome Chit-s**t, under topic MMM Awards 2008........
:Confused:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
You're right Sharon, I suppose its just been that kind of week that I'm not managing to suffer fools gladly ATM!! Fortunately, one feels one is amongst friends here, despite those with malintent. One wonders what their logic is of returning to a forum they feel is so beneath them......as to the content of this forum supposedly not "matching" the other one after an existence of under a month.....:rofl:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Small things and small minds springs to mind Laurie.

Let them wallow in their acidic drivel, they obviously have nothing better or "new" to talk about :roflmto: They are right in what they say about the "Dog & Cat" forum tho' so they've got something right :roflmto: :roflmto:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Bums my subs run out on the 23rd:Confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.