Non Nonsense, Motorhome Related Post... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
As I read elsewhere on this Fun forum a level of dis-satisfaction pertaining to the number of non motorhome related posts, and as a Funster who is undoubtedly guilty of the above sin, I will try to go a small way to redress the balance with some motorhome related infomation...

Anyone with a Malaga3E water heater who finds, as I did, it failing to light because of a small water leak (remove the vent and you can see the water "pooling" around the burner) can effect a temporary repair (and hence stay touring) by not letting pressure build up in the unit.

I do this by switching off the pump BEFORE I close the tap. This has stopped my leak from preventing the water heater functioning. The proper repair is on my "to do list".

Hope this wasn't boring and, who knows, maybe useful to someone...

JJ :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Another piece of information may be useful to someone. If your Hymer passenger door is hard to pull open push your thumb under the door handle and pull it then opens really easy.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
No I just struggled with your text size, now I know JJ that your eyesight is spot on when observing you putting lap after lap in faster times on the solex at Shepton:winky: the stig would shiver in his boots at the sight of it :notworthy::clap::clap:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
And another small nugget of motorhome related info to keep on thread :thumb:

If you find no water coming out of your taps, check the water level in your tank it may be empty :Doh:. No big deal just find a tap and fill it up :winky:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
...and if you're filling up with water after a winter drain down and it seems to take ages, check you shut the drain down taps:Doh:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Only once (I hope):Blush:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Make sure the bottoms of your tyres and not flat on the road, they must be round before driving off:winky::ROFLMAO:

not alot of people know that:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Don't leave the toilet till it is absolutley to the brim before emptying as it is very heavy to carry and you are always busting for a tinkle when you have to wait till you find a suitable spot to empty off (the cassette that is not your bladder).

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If leaving your MH for any length of time try to keep the road tank topped up as much as possible.. helps stop condensation building up in the tank.. especially this time of year.. :thumb:

Not all motors have a water filters in the fuel line.. :Cool:

And always start your engine before driving of.. :Doh::winky:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
As I read elsewhere on this Fun forum a level of dis-satisfaction pertaining to the number of non motorhome related posts, and as a Funster who is undoubtedly guilty of the above sin, I will try to go a small way to redress the balance with some motorhome related infomation...

Anyone with a Malaga3E water heater who finds, as I did, it failing to light because of a small water leak (remove the vent and you can see the water "pooling" around the burner) can effect a temporary repair (and hence stay touring) by not letting pressure build up in the unit.

I do this by switching off the pump BEFORE I close the tap. This has stopped my leak from preventing the water heater functioning. The proper repair is on my "to do list".

Hope this wasn't boring and, who knows, maybe useful to someone...

JJ :thumb:
Very very informative JJ thank you:cry:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you habitation lights do not come on when you turn them on, check your batteries are not flat!

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
And another small nugget of motorhome related info to keep on thread :thumb:

If you find no water coming out of your taps, check the water level in your tank it may be empty :Doh:. No big deal just find a tap and fill it up :winky:

And the same applies for gas, but dont use a tap, change the bottle:Doh:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Another useful motorhome related piece of information,

If you cannot see out of the windscreen before driving away, ensure you have removed the Silver Screens.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if you hear a scraping noise when pulling off pitch check that the rear ladder is up and you have wound up the corner steadies :Doh::Doh:

to remind of corner steadies put the winder thru the steering wheel (as i didn't in norfolk):Doh:

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
Wow. Some wonderful tips above. Make this thread a sticky ?

If your mirrors dont fit through the gap, there is a good chance the rest of your MH might not fit either. :Doh:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
whist we are being helpfull may i venture to sugest:thumb:

only fill your water tank with water not diesel or petrol:Eeek:

and never fill your diesel tank with petrol or water:Eeek:

dont syphon the black tank :Eeek:

Last edited:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Never leave your keys in the ignition of a MH that self locks after a certain amount of time, especially when you are outside, all the windows are closed, it's night-time, you are wearing very little clothes, and your phone is in the MH.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
if your passanger appears not to be speaking to you , you may have set off without her/him turn your head and see if they are really there

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
So far, no-one has reminded us about one MH-related problem, how do you titillate an ocelot?

You oscillate its tit a lot.

That will come in pretty handy if you ever have an ocelot in your van, and you're not quite sure of the etiquette, so it's very clearly advice any MH-owner should bear in mind

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
If you are the driver and you smoke it is best to roll any fags you may need to smoke en route, before you set off.

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Although perhaps not strictly a technical motorhome tip I do find that to avoid undue distress after pitching for the night it is a good idea to check before you set off that you are carrying at least 1 bottle of red and 1 bottle of white :ROFLMAO::wine:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
If you climb into bed and find she is responsive be sure to check you are in the right M/H!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back