Non No claims POlicy

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by milpol1, Apr 7, 2014.

1. milpol1

milpol1 Read Only Funster

We acknowledge receipt of your recent correspondence with thanks and would be obliged if you could note our comments below.

With can advise that your policy for vehicle registration WA11 KHE was a non-no claims bonus rated policy meaning nil no claims bonus was earned on this policy.

Just had this from my previous company Adrian Flux after I asked for a copy of my no claims discount. Never heard of this and I cannot remember reading anything about.

Confused...................so all the no claims I thought I had built up has gone tits up????

2. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

I think this can happen if it's a second vehicle.

Doesn't seem fair though.

3. milpol1

What do you mean a second vehicle, my other vehicle is my car which is insured through Tesco with 75% no claims bonus, nothing to do with my motorhome

4. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi if you have only had this policy for 1 yr you can still keep your no claims bonuis -- all it means is the policy they sold you did not add ant more NCB so if you had say 3 yrs when you took it out you still only have 3 yrs NCB or if you had full NCB you will still have it :thumb: If you have had this policy over 2 yrs you will loose all your NCB unless you asked them to keep it current :Smile:It is used by them to try and confuse you into simply renewing with them :Wink:You can ask the previous insurer for your proof of NCB and ask AF to send you proof that you had no accidents while they had you on cover --not exactly the most efficent co to deal with unless you are staying with them :Wink::BigGrin:
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  5. Janine

I think the NCB may be linked to the driver rather than the vehicle so if there are 2 vehicles, the insurer may or may not 'mirror' the NCB on another vehicle owned by them.

6. Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy Funster

You can only have an official no claims bonus on one vehicle. Some insurers will recognise it as an introductory bonus but you are effectively starting again unless you transfer your NCB from tesco and take the hit (not literally I hope) with the car insurance. Either way only one NCB allowed

7. mariner

mariner Funster Life Member

Comfort Insurance pulled this stunt with me when I wanted to switch, however I demanded and received a letter from them indicating that I had (so many) years no claims when I joined them and I had been claim free whilst with them. This was accepted by my new insurance company.

:Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Terry

Terry Funster

nope it will be linked to both driver and vehicle :Wink:

--- you could have a accident in 1 vehicle and loose say 20 % ncb on that but still retain full ncb on your MH

terry

• Like Like x 1
  9. Terry

Terry Funster

not true read above :Wink: also see mariner post
    terry

10. Janine

Oh..OK..but you do have to declare any accidents in any vehicle when taking out insurance, don't you? I presume they would 'adjust' the premium according to your answer to that. (sorry if that's 'off topic')

11. milpol1

If I had known that I wouldnt have gone with them.:boxing:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

It does happen and is becoming more common and it will affect your no claims bonus.
    If you have used an insurance company within the last 2 years which has used the no claims allowance then you will be able to get a letter confirming how many years you have.
    For one year I used a broker who used what they call I believe the net premium method and refused to give me a letter advising the fact that I had told them that I had 9 years no claims bonus.
    Fortunately I was within the 2 year period from the previous company and I have kept the 9 years no claims allowance.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

many of the motorhome policies sold use a NCD which mirrors any NCD you have on your main vehicle. usually a NCD from a car can be used on the motorhome policy. however it does not accrue more discount in its own right and any claim on either vehicle will directly affect the other.

you can get round this by insuring a car by say the husband and the motorhome in the wifes name as primary drivers. please note i am not being sexist and other social domestic partnerships may also fit this model with partner 1 and partner 2 being used in substitute for husband and wife.:Rofl1:

seriously annoying but cheaper than having no NCD applied to a policy or it would cost thousands

14. mariner

mariner Funster Life Member

The point is that if you go to a Broker which uses this Net Premium system then you must retain your proof of No Claims Letter from your previous insurer and demand a letter indicating that you have not made a claim whilst with that Broker.

Personally I would not touch Comfort with a Barge Pole.

:Cool:

15. Terry

Terry Funster

quite right but they usually don't penalize you :Wink::BigGrin:-hopefully :BigGrin:
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  16. milpol1

It was Adrian Flux

17. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

Insured a little Honda bike with Adrian Flux's bike division because I had a £30 off voucher from the dealer, never again, treated me like a criminal idiot

18. Gunner29

Gunner29 Read Only Funster

Insurances

Just had home & contents renewal from Saga @ £174.
    On Compare the Market it was £116.
    One phone call and I got it for ---------- £116

Renewal for car from Saga---£269
    Best one on Compare the Market was Post Office @ £175 but still looking as not due till 1 May

Thankfully motor home not due yet.

19. geo glasgow

geo glasgow Read Only Funster

Go with Frank Pickles best on the market

best extras best price, very good ,

20. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

No good for replacement glass cover if you have an A Class MH. They told me that the maximum glass cover was £500. A windscreen alone on an older A Class is upward of £2000, rising to about £8000 (apparently) if you've got one of these.

We are with Comfort, so I'll be giving them a quick ring later to enquire about the NCB.

Cheers,

Jock.