Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My Pump is really noisy so I am going to do something about it soon. Just came across this tip in an American Forum. Bubblewrap.. Now Ive got loads of that! The text below in red is not mine, it accompanied the photo

Had seen on other threads the idea of using a sound insulating material when re-mounting the pump, but I had some clearance issues to deal with. The pump is located on the floor under the drawer beneath the oven. Easy to get to, but had to watch the clearance on the drawer. So, I fastened the pump to a piece of that Pergo fake wood flooring stuff, leftover from when we put Pergo fake wood flooring in our house. Then, I sandwiched a folded piece of bubble-wrap between that and the floor and fastened it down with screws.

Although you can still hear it, I would say it's probably 25 percent of the noise it was before. Awesome! Thanks to all for the tips!

Pump.jpg

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Jim,

I had a noisy Shurflo pump and it turned out that the two bolts that hold the pump in its housing had worked loose. I tightened them and all was well.::bigsmile:

Just a thought.::bigsmile:

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim
If your pump is connected directly to solid plastic pipe (most RVs are) it will always be noisy, Linda sells a kit which comprises two pieces of flexible hose with connectors, this reduces the noise conducted along the pipes.

Why they fit the pumps inside the RV beats me, they would be much less noise if fitted in the belly locker near the tank..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My Pump is really noisy so I am going to do something about it soon. Just came across this tip in an American Forum. Bubblewrap.. Now Ive got loads of that! The text below in red is not mine, it accompanied the photo

Had seen on other threads the idea of using a sound insulating material when re-mounting the pump, but I had some clearance issues to deal with. The pump is located on the floor under the drawer beneath the oven. Easy to get to, but had to watch the clearance on the drawer. So, I fastened the pump to a piece of that Pergo fake wood flooring stuff, leftover from when we put Pergo fake wood flooring in our house. Then, I sandwiched a folded piece of bubble-wrap between that and the floor and fastened it down with screws.

Although you can still hear it, I would say it's probably 25 percent of the noise it was before. Awesome! Thanks to all for the tips!

Pump.jpg

hi jim.
if your pump mounts as in the photo you could go to your local model shop and ask for a set of engine mounting rubber bobbins for model aircraft and fix the pump to these.
I used them on a 6ft wingspan aircraft with a 23cc single cylinder petrol engine and the vibs went from jackhammer to zero and the resonated noise stopped as well.
it wont stop the diaphram noise but they will stop vibration and resonance thru the bodywork.
they are a miniture version of BL MINI exhaust mount rubber bobbins.
see them here.
Link Removed

john.

martyn

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
Noisy Water Pump

I don't know if this will help,i just bought a SHURFLO TRAIL KING water pump off e-bay.30psi,7litres p.m.for just £39 +£9.99 p+p It was so quiet i didn't think it was working till i turned the tap on.Check out Viking-Marine,the suppliers.:thumb:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Jim - the silencing kit Tony referred to is attached to the pump in your pic......those white flexible braided hoses....... :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back